New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3902 printer, door switch and comparator issues  (Read 840 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
3902 printer, door switch and comparator issues
« on: December 09, 2022, 12:09:29 AM »
Hi all,

Trying to finish up a machine for a friend, 19” slant 3902 base, “The Munsters” game. Having a few head scratchers and looking for some advice.

1. The unit has a coin comparator tucked in the side compartment. Unplugged, it throws a coin in jam tilt. I’d like to remove it, but what pins need to be jumped to accomplish this?

2. I tried 3 different printers- a universal gen 3 that came out of a different slant, and 2 known working gen2 that were used in an AVP. Getting a communication tilt. Set up to use thermal printer, one plug to the backplane and one goes up behind the top glass. I set it to soft tilt to get by for testing and I have Tito installed.

3. I have a couple door switches showing open- “L” and “B”. I would assume that they may be “lower” and Bill validator? Doesn’t seem to be any switches tucked away or wires without switches connected. If I knew what they were exactly, maybe I could zero in on their location.

Any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 07:23:53 PM by Hertz14 »
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 3902 printer, door switch and comparator issues
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 07:14:33 AM »
L is logic door.  Pull MPU tray out and look for a switch just above it toward the left side where the tray slides in and closes the switch. Bypass it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »
You can bypass the switch if it has one right on the motherboard by installing a jumper on the connector circled in red.  The bill validator door switch can be bypassed by removing them from the switch shown in the picture and twisting the wires together. 

Those printers aren't working because they're setup to use USB communications in an AVP machine.  The gameking requires a printer setup for Netlex communications.

I can't find my coin comparitor bypass plug at the moment to give you the pinouts.  I'll keep looking for it or maybe someone else will post a picture of the pinout?

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 10:15:02 AM »
All good info- thanks guys!

I should’ve put 2 and 2 together in the printer. I have a netplex igt, but have to figure out the harness, as the one from the printer probably stayed in the machine it came out of.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 06:40:28 PM »
Here's pics and pinout for the comparitor bypass plug.  It's 1 to 6 and 1 to 7.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 08:05:55 AM »
Tilt-

I have female socket, male pin connector like that- on a pigtail that was lying in the belly. The connector on the comparator is more like the monitor socket. Am I missing something here?

Door switches fixed, printer now working. Thanks all!

Still have a bv issue but I will get resolved.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 09:02:04 AM »
I'm not sure what the small harness is for.  I've never seen a comparitor connector like that before.  Maybe it's what they use on slant top machines?  I can't say as I don't have one.  The bypass plug I took a picture of is used on S2000 and 17" Game Kings/I-games.  Hopefully someone who has a slant top can help a bit with that?

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 07:23:30 PM »
Topic Solved-

Built a harness for a netplex gen 2. Printer working.

Door switch for the BV and Logic jumped. I was confused on the main door and why when I pushed the cherries it wasn’t reading closed. Noticed there is an optic by the latch. No more open doors.

The plug for the comparator in this one is similar to the monitor receptacle. Jumped pin 1 to 6&7. Coin tilt gone.

Thank you all for the help on this- I was pretty green on slant configuration, got it down pretty good now.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 07:29:51 PM »
Congratulations!  Glad you got all the errors cleared and the machine running  :applause:

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 08:19:45 PM »
Couple button lamps out, but everything functional. Oldie but goodie.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal