New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally s9000 will not initiate start up  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Drayc

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Drayc New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally s9000 will not initiate start up
« on: December 10, 2022, 08:29:54 PM »
Hi folks,
I have a Bally S9000...5 reel quick hits machine. The top touchscreen went out on it months ago. The machine sat for several months before I was able to locate 1. I changes all 3 batteries and the 1st thing I did was power it up with the ram clear card. I've had to change the monitor before and ended up have to do a clear anyhow. But, now, all I get is the light that flashes in the bottom door and the top cabinet lights stay on...that is it. The 1 green light on the mpu is on, but the light for the drive on the mpu comes on flashes red and goes out. I'm pretty much lost. Is it possible for the bios chip to go bad sitting for several months?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally s9000 will not initiate start up
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 08:59:54 PM »
Do you get a no signal message on the new monitor?  Do you know for a fact the monitor is working?  Maybe you have a power supply issue and the monitor is not getting +12v?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 06:02:15 AM »
From your other post it looks like your 5/12 power supply is bad.

Offline Drayc

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 06:14:16 AM »
Thanks for the replies!
I'm not 100% sure the monitor is good, but I'm going see if I have a 12v power supply at work this week and plug in the vga plug from my computer and see if it works.
As far as the power supply, I kept poking at that last night. Still nothing more than 3v from any plug that i checked. Except for the ones they were 24v.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 08:10:36 AM »
You can test the 24v, 12v, and 5v from the 2 power supplies at the test points near the leds beside the cabinet power switch. Usually it's good if all 3 leds are lit brightly.

When you say "the touch screen went out" are you referring to the monitor image, or touching it didn't work.
  If the monitor went out, and the power supplies test fine, then you may end to replace the capacitors in the monitors ad board.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline ok2bnvus2

• Reputation Power: 9
  • ok2bnvus2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 08:35:00 AM »
mine did the same thing then i seen a post on how to power up unit left switch first then the right then there is alitte switch on cpu white one not the reset one the one that slides left and right tried it a few times and poof everything powered on monitor wasnt bad

Offline Drayc

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 08:52:17 AM »
The monitor lost touch on a portion of the monitor, but did still show image. I've tried it with the old and the new monitors installed. Tried every combination I could with powering g up and down, but still nothing. I guess that is what has me thinking it's the power supply. I can't think of anything else it could be.

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »
in the picture are the power leds and the test points that I mentioned previously. the lower, 24v, and upper 5v/12v power supply runs the monitor (usually).  If you have 5v, 12v, and 24v at the test points, then the problem is in your monitor, probably ad board. the only other points of failure would be the cabling that goes to the monitor, I have seen the pins, and/or wires pull from the molex connector when pulled too hard.

this is assuming that the mpu is good of course. it should give a short beep when first powered up

Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:32:51 PM by a69mopar »

Offline Drayc

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 03:00:14 PM »
Thank you for the reply!
The monitor for this machine is 12v. I do not get 12v anywhere. I'm assuming that's the problem. In that picture, I see all 3 leds are green. On mine, the top is green, center is dead, and bottom flashes about once per second.

Thanks,
Dennis

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 03:26:22 PM »
Thank you for the reply!
The monitor for this machine is 12v. I do not get 12v anywhere. I'm assuming that's the problem. In that picture, I see all 3 leds are green. On mine, the top is green, center is dead, and bottom flashes about once per second.

Thanks,
Dennis
the top led and test points are 24v, the next one down is 12v, and the third is 5v.  seems that you need the 5/12v power supply.   They can be reapired, usually just by replacing the capacitors.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »
many of the monitors (20") are multiple voltages, some 12v and 24v, others 5v, 12v and 24v. I must not have been fully awake when I typed only 24v.  Thanks for waking me up on that. i corrected it

W

Offline Drayc

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2022, 03:39:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch.
Just glad to have folks with more knowledge than myself to help troubleshoot these machines.
I've been thinking it is that power supply, but the picture that you posted, pretty much confirms it for me.
I will post an update when I have something. It may take a week or 2 to get back to it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal