New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King - Having Reboot / Error Problems  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
IGT Game King - Having Reboot / Error Problems
« on: December 08, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
This played for for a couple years. I changed the battery at some pint and it continued to work OK. The one day is just rebooter out of the blue for no reason an came up with errors.

What it does when I start it:

Starting up and please wait. Then call attendant. Thats as far as it went. Turning the key and nothing happened so I opened the door and ram error came up. turned the key like it said and invalid state recovery data. So I turn the key again and "hold test switch" came up which I did, then eeprom error, turn key again then "eeprom device error" Thats as far as it would go.

Now I have been thru these issues before and followed all steps to re-set the machine with the "key chip" It runs for awhile then reboots back to all these errors. I'm just at a loss as to what the problem is. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. I'm reluctant to Key Chip again, I've done it twice already I just don't want to screw it up any worse that it is.

Thanks guys!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Game King - Having Reboot / Error Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »
The one day is just rebooter out of the blue

Rebooting is usually the power supply or MPU.  Re-seat/replace power supply first then MPU.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 01:31:06 PM »
also, check the fan on the right side of the metal enclosure, it has to be operational, could be causing heat related problems.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 05:49:33 AM »
UPDATE: We tried all the suggestions and it's doing the same thing. He actually replaced the power supply when this all started.

Does this mean he needs a new MPU?   ...if so, is than an eBay thing? Is there something special we would need to look for ...or just type in "Game King MPU".

What is that machine called (model?)

Thanks

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 04:40:53 PM »
Which MPU does machine have?  Could be an eprom or simm on the board went bad too.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 03:20:34 PM »
We don't know what to do, it seems like none of you do either.

Selling the machine for $50 on Craigslist.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 03:33:10 PM »

Bring it here and I will have it fixed in 30 mins. It probably needs cleared.  You never did tell us which MPU is in machine.  Don't blame it on us.

Offline stormrider

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • stormrider New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 04:22:49 PM »

Wow,What a jackass

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 06:50:45 PM »

You've been getting FREE help from our slot machine experts ever since you signed up. You're not even a contributing member here. Most of these machines don't seem to be yours either. It's as if you're running a repair shop, and using our helpful NLG senior members as your staff.
Please refrain from being rude to the members who have generously helped you. ALL of them have other jobs, families, etc., and do all of this voluntarily.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 05:17:31 PM »
I have tried to help a few people out. Not getting paid. I run into dead ends most the time. Not worth the effort anymore. Getting out of slots.

I did donate $10 last month.

You sure like to point out how great you guys are for donating your time and knowledge. It doesn't take much to set you off, and you always come out with the same line about the huge sacrafice Y'all make.

Too bad you can't just be cool about it.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 06:48:14 PM »
Hmm.  Well, I'd say that it's idiots like you that make CL still worth looking at?  I picked up my non-working GK there for $100.  The good folks here helped me get it going with only a boot chip swap. 

From my experience, there are few dead ends if you actually take the time to understand and diagnose a problem.  From your posts to this thread alone you obviously don't have those skills and are unwilling to pay attention to directions and learn them.

Regardless of your bitterness...?  I'd suggest that you take some time and think about your response.  I don't think I know of any forum would appreciate (or even tolerate) a comment like yours?

Offline channelmaniac

• Surface mount soldering geek
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Few things are better than fixing an old game...
    • Arcadecomponents.com - Looking for hard to find chips?
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 07:20:13 PM »
Locking this train wreck... Until you can help us help you...

If you don't know the make of the MPU board, you can always post a picture and folks here will help you with it.
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 06:08:39 PM »
I have tried to help a few people out. Not getting paid. I run into dead ends most the time. Not worth the effort anymore. Getting out of slots.
I did donate $10 last month.
You sure like to point out how great you guys are for donating your time and knowledge. It doesn't take much to set you off, and you always come out with the same line about the huge sacrafice Y'all make.
Too bad you can't just be cool about it.

All I said was refrain from being rude but then you had to add a little more to add.  Well it is the age of people wanting immediate gratification, and instantaneous free internet answers. That doesn't work here all the time. Slot machines can be quite complex. 

"I run into dead ends most of the time."
I've just gone through TEN PAGES of you asking and getting the help needed to fix a multitude of machines. Most of your problems seemed to be solved.

"Getting out of slots."
Hmmm, so that strong implies you are running a business and I highly doubt you repair slots for free. But you got a free supply of tech labor here.
And yes I do like to point out how great the guys are donating their time and knowledge. Gaming machines are multi-faceted, and answers don't always come instantly. Even with expert help, the repair person needs to understand and apply general principles and a common-sense broad application of things previously learned, rather than acting like a robot that only follows through with commands. 

"It doesn't take much to set you off..."
After ten pages of you getting solutions to problems with all sorts of machines,  but then not getting one issue solved, you through out a snide remark, then you have a mild tantrum after my comment, and further slam NLG. Since you stated it's not worth the effort anymore, then perhaps go into repairing something easier, like vending machines.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal