New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igt s+ 43 error code  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Brianpg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Brianpg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Igt s+ 43 error code
« on: January 08, 2023, 09:57:26 AM »
So I can’t get passed the 43 tilt. I got a ram clear chip put it in and it did what it was supposed to do 999 put the sp chip back in and got the 65 1 then in goes to 43.  I did this because I was stuck on 43 before. I will say they if I turn reel 1 by hand I get 41. Turn reel two by hand 42 but turn reel three by hand I get nothing. If I switch the plugs from 2 to three I get 42 so the board is not seeing reel three I was told to change Q26 on the board so I did but still get 43. And I still can’t get the door to flash between 13. 0. And 13. 1 so I’m using wire just to get it to 13 1. Any help would be great. Thanks

TOPIC MOVED TO IGT S PLUS. NOT SURE WHY IT WAS IN WELCOME WAGON. :Scratch-Head:
~moderator
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 06:42:23 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Igt s+ 43 error code
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:14:28 AM »
Try Input Test #43 to test the 3rd reel.
Moving the reel with your hand should flip between actve {1} and inactive{0}.

Then try Output Test #24 - Door optics Transmitter.
That test you need to get it to display an active {1} for the door optics to work.

Can I ask? What SP GAME PROM are you playing with?
and did you get a reel code [43] BEFORE you changed the Q26 IC component?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 02:06:41 PM »
Yes 43 before changing Q26

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »
So you normally have a 43 error.  When you switched the plugs from 2 to 3 the error changed to a 42 while reel 2's plug was on reel 3.  That would indicate the problem is with reel 3 itself and not the MPU or wiring.  Normally I'd just swap the reels instead of the plugs to see if the problem moves with the reel or not, but swapping the wiring does the same thing.  Replace the reel if you have one and that should fix it.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:48:11 PM by Tilt »

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 03:18:22 PM »
still can’t get the door to flash between 13. 0. And 13. 1 so I’m using wire just to get it to 13 1.

I would just hook up that wire you are using to a cherry switch for now to get past a dead receiver cabinet optic.

Sounds like your MPU is giving you problems.
Have you looked underneath down at the pins?
Maybe one is folded over and shorting out against another pin?
Do you have a spare MPU to try?

Again, I will ask you what SP chip are you using?
It would help me in helping you get your machine up and running the way you want by giving the correctly numbered service input/output tests.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 03:33:32 PM »
SOOOO!, You have bypassed the optics, from what you describe, original problem is 43 code, it does not clear closing the door, correct,
then when you swap the connectors, number 2 to number 3 and vise versa, then you get a code 42, that tells me you have a problem with the number three reel circuitry on the MPU, it is now seeing a defect in reel two.

since you can verify the reels are active and you get change when moving the reels, you should be able to place reel three in an other location and verify that the reel itself is good.

Hope this helps

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 04:33:49 PM »
If I put reel3 in the reel two slot I get 42 so I don’t think it’s the reel

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 04:37:32 PM »
The error is following the reel, so why would you think the reel is OK?

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 06:32:08 PM »

:scratch-head_3: :scratch-head_2:  :duh:

The problem is DEFINITELY following the reel.
I DARE you to put that reel in the left-most number #1 location on the reel shelf.   :yes: :cool_thumb_up:

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • hornetgod13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 07:43:27 PM »

You found the issue! It is a bad reel. Congrats. Easy fix.

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 05:48:30 PM »
Maybe I did not say it right. It doesn’t matter where I put the reel 1 2 or three in all different places if I turn the key till nothing displays I hand turn reel 1 and get 41. Same thing on reel 2 and get 42 same thing on reel three and get nothing

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 06:01:27 PM »
Ok.  Physically swap reel #3 and reel #2 and let us know what the error code says when it comes up.  If it is 42 then the problem is with the reel.  If it still says 43 then it's something else.

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 06:43:55 AM »
It says 43 I ordered a mpu board

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 12:24:45 PM »
Ok so tried a good mpu board and Q6 started smoking

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 02:32:00 PM »
Q6 drives the lower (door open) light on the candle.  Was it burnt on the other MPU board too?  There's probably a short somewhere in the candle wiring.  It won't cause a 43 error though. Did that go away or wasn't it on long enough to see?

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023, 03:27:32 PM »
I’ll check the candle yes I see a little burn on q6 on the old board.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023, 03:35:33 PM »
OK.  There's 7VAC on one side of the upper and lower candle bulbs all the time, and Q6 switches the ground side of it on and off, so it may also have the wrong bulb installed.  You could also just unplug the candle for now until you have time to figure it out and see if the new MPU board fixes the 43 error if you want to.

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 04:39:44 PM »
Ok so did ram clear and it showed 999 like it should put game chip back in and got 61. 1 Close the door and turn key should be 65 but no. Because I still can’t get it to were the door is closed I have changed optos many times and nothing. This is driving me crazy

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 05:28:34 PM »
Have you checked the alignment? With door open place a piece of painters tape on the side of the cabinet near the optic and make a pencil mark where it is. Next do the same on the side of the door at the optic with the latch all the way down. Now close the door and latch it. Do the lines match each other? If not adjust the optic. Hope this helps
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Brianpg

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023, 05:49:18 PM »
Yes they r inline

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal