New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally NOS chime kits  (Read 990 times)

Offline kjnuke

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • kjnuke New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally NOS chime kits
« on: January 11, 2023, 07:55:19 PM »
I recently bought 10 Bally NOS chime kits that I thought I would use on some of my Bally EM slots. Looks like they were originally for Bally pinball machines. I have a 1090 with a chime, but none of the other 8 Bally EM slots I own come with them from the factory as far as I know. I just think it would be neat to have chimes on them, and I got them for a really good price.
Looks like from previous posts I've searched, that they were usually wired across the total in meter to chime on coins inserted only. Is it possible to have them chime on something else, like when coins are paid out for example with the included board that came with the kit? I really just wanted the chimes, but wondered if it possible or even a good idea to have them chime on coins paid out also.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally NOS chime kits
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:27:10 PM »
That would be nice, but it might get a little annoying.

I was thinking the same thing, but just on the 10, 14, 18, and 20 pays.
But if these payouts are multiplied 3 or 5 times, that would be a lot chimes

Schematic for the 1088 has options.
Most machines have payout counters.
This seems to me the easiest option.

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 10:06:21 AM »
Thanks DavidLee for the input and suggested ways to wire it up. I might give it a try on one of my machines and see if it is indeed annoying. If so, I'll just wire them to the total in meter for chiming on coins inserted like they were intended.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 03:43:18 PM »
Chimes normally operate on each coin in.
Using the coins paid out meter and or circuit would be one way to activate chimes.
If the meters are not operational and or missing.
It might be possible to jump a wire from the coins paid out to the coins in meter.
Note,
A careful review of the machines schematic would be necessary.

Machines with chimes as in the 1088 and 1090 have a switch stack located near by the chime.
They can be observed behind the top glass when coins are inserted.
I believe it would be possible to manually depress the switch to sound the chime.

In a machine with limited space, possibly the space under the bell would work.
Then tap into coin payout counter and a common yellow.
 This would require utilizing a beau-plug connection

These are just general suggestions that could be helpful.
Your situations may vary.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 04:03:04 PM »
Sample of a wiring possibly.
The blue line indicates added wiring.

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 12:06:09 PM »
Thanks again DavidLee for suggestions and shown schematics on how to wire them up.
I'll probably start with my 1008, as it has working total in and total out meters. Plenty of room in the upper unit for a chime also.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 07:44:43 AM »
I believe the 1088 has a chime in the top.

Best to check the circuit with a meter, test light or jump wires to see if it will provide the desired outcome.

Tying the out with the in meter will most likely advance the in meter.

Like I mentioned, best to know the circuitry function.

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 08:57:02 PM »
Yep, I'll try it with jumpers to make sure it's going to work and reference the schematic. It's a 1008, not a 1088.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 03:03:19 PM »
the kit was for the bally bingo machine called Mystic Gate. 

the diode board and all the wiring was to connect the chime into multiple circuits ... looks like mainly ones that increased the scores or enabled game features.

if you have no use for the schematic and the diode board diagrams, I could use them for the bingo.cdyn.com web site.  I just need to make scans and can send them back if you want them.

if you want to keep them, can you email highest possible resolution pictures of the entire pages to slotpics@cdyn.com?

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »
Hi Wolftalk,
I'd be happy to donate the schematics to you, I have no use for them. If you think you could use the boards, I'd be happy to donate those also. I'd like to keep some of the Bally color coded wiring though as I might end up having some use for that on my other Bally slots and pinballs.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal