New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message  (Read 4797 times)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: IGT S2000 Tabasco Machine All Board LEDs No VFD Message
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2023, 07:45:19 PM »
Take out the bill validator and see if it closes.  Sometimes the beak isn't aligned well. Or check alignment when closing slowly.   If you put a small piece of masking tape on the door, and another on the cabinet near the optics, then, with the door open,  mark where the optic is.  For the door, the latch needs to be down, then mark.  Once you close the door  you can see if it aligns.. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2023, 07:50:18 PM »
If it has a coin tray make sure it is in correctly or the door can't close all the way.

Offline TheDeadman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheDeadman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2023, 08:01:49 PM »
Take out the bill validator and see if it closes.  Sometimes the beak isn't aligned well. Or check alignment when closing slowly.   If you put a small piece of masking tape on the door, and another on the cabinet near the optics, then, with the door open,  mark where the optic is.  For the door, the latch needs to be down, then mark.  Once you close the door  you can see if it aligns..

Tried removing the bill validator with no success. Gonna try the tape next

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2023, 08:07:33 PM »

Tried with the tape and the optics line up. It feels like the door is fully closing, but I can still open it without touching the lever and the message is still there.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2023, 08:14:31 PM »
The lever has to slide all the way down.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2023, 08:15:12 PM »
Are these what the optical sensors are supposed to look like? Picture number 2 seems wrong to me but I cant explain why.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2023, 08:16:42 PM »
The lever has to slide all the way down.

No matter how I close the machine, the lever doesn't go all the way down. The bracket seems kind of loose, should I try to tighten it? I also removed the coin tray with no luck.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2023, 08:25:12 PM »
I managed to get the door closed (there was a gap at the top of the door that the door wasnt getting over), But I still have the error message which makes me think its the optics. Any ideas?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2023, 06:06:55 AM »
What happens a lot is these IGT S2000 door hinges are weakened over time and the door sags.
Pushing upwards on the frame under the top right hand corner of the reel glass on the door usually gets them fully closed.

As you move the door latch to the closed position, keep an eye on the [Coins Played] window on the display, whatever number is in there should momentarily go out as the door optics are aligned....after about 1-3 seconds, some number will come back on.
If this behavior is present, your door optics are operational.
Whatever number that came back on, must stay on when the latch is closed....that means the optics are aligned and "see" each other.

On the door is an emitter optic.....it shoots out an infared light to the cabinet receiver optic.
If the emitter is good, you can see a blue light coming out of that door mounted optic with a digital camera.
You cannot see any light on the cabinet mounted receiver optic tho.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »
What happens a lot is these IGT S2000 door hinges are weakened over time and the door sags.
Pushing upwards on the frame under the top right hand corner of the reel glass on the door usually gets them fully closed.

As you move the door latch to the closed position, keep an eye on the [Coins Played] window on the display, whatever number is in there should momentarily go out as the door optics are aligned....after about 1-3 seconds, some number will come back on.
If this behavior is present, your door optics are operational.
Whatever number that came back on, must stay on when the latch is closed....that means the optics are aligned and "see" each other.

On the door is an emitter optic.....it shoots out an infared light to the cabinet receiver optic.
If the emitter is good, you can see a blue light coming out of that door mounted optic with a digital camera.
You cannot see any light on the cabinet mounted receiver optic tho.

I didn't see any blue light from the optic and the coin cell battery on the MPU is dead. I'm gonna replace the battery later today, but the door is definitely closing now.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2023, 02:51:35 PM »
You're not going to see anything come out of that emitter optic with a dead MPU battery.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2023, 03:22:07 PM »
You're not going to see anything come out of that emitter optic with a dead MPU battery.

Replaced it and saw no improvement, but the replacement was a really quick hack job (they spot welded the old battery so I had to use jumpers). I want to try to fix the other board, as it has a proper battery holder and a fully charged battery but I can't do that for a few hours. Its risky to use the other board (I don't know 100% whats wrong with it, so it could fry my working chips) but I am still going to try.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2023, 03:46:05 PM »
Put the SB100026 in the 1st MPU w/the good battery, along with the SG GME1 & GME2 pairs and a  Version chip.
It should work...the problem might just only be that the SB was backwards and the chip that was "slanted", you re-installed correctly.

Which chip was "slanted"? The SG pairs?
Leave the SS prom and SB001000 chips out for now.
All your pictures earlier have the software mixed up and incompatiable which each other...

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
Put the SB100026 in the 1st MPU w/the good battery, along with the SG GME1 & GME2 pairs and a  Version chip.
It should work...the problem might just only be that the SB was backwards and the chip that was "slanted", you re-installed correctly.

All your pictures earlier have the software mixed up and incompatiable which each other...

The RAM chips were what was slanted. (See the green "ADVANCED" chips in the picture) should I move those to the other board as well? Fixing them were what fixed the secondary board so I'm wondering if they are whats breaking the first board as well.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2023, 06:32:05 PM »

Just tried swapping all chips from semi-working board to non-working board. No results. Working board is now using Tabasco SB, Version and other chips. The only chips that are the same are the RAM chips because I know 100% that they work. Even will all the chip swaps, I am getting the same thing. Im pretty sure I have the coin cell battery connected but still not getting an IR light. I'm thinking about bypassing it cause im sure the door is closed, but wanted to know if there are any other things I should try first.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2023, 06:41:40 PM »
okay...In your photo above, you need to take out the SS chip...it ONLY works with the SB001000 chip....not with the Tabasco SB chip.
Alternatively, you could take out the tabasco chip, and shove in the SB001000 with the SS chip.
Certain chips work with each other....others don't.

Look at it this way....the GME 1&2 chips are like Windows XP, Vista or Windows 8...those are the operating chips.

The SS and the SB chips are the reel chips...those hold the prize awards for the reel strips.

The Version chip is sort of like a juristictional chip that are region specific such as New Jersey, or Nevada, Mississippi, etc, etc.
Some jurisdictions don't allow one dollar bills to be accepted, have different RULES, or things like taxation on awards of $1,199.00 or higher where the machine must lock-up for an attendant hand-pay situation.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2023, 06:43:03 PM »
okay...In your photo above, you need to take out the SS chip...it ONLY works with the SB001000 chip....not with the Tabasco SB chip.

I had tried that in the working board, removed the SS and SB chip and put in the "backwards" Tabasco chip. The board still works fine but no optics.

Offline TheDeadman

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2023, 12:21:13 AM »
So if I am doing my research (and electronics) correctly, My internal door optic that should be emitting an IR signal isn't transmitting anything, Meaning I need a new door led. Does anybody know what the LED specs would be? (the voltage seems to pulse ~9v to 0v which is way higher then the LEDs I work with can handle). If not I can just buy a new door optic set, but I'd like to fix this on the component level if possible.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2023, 09:01:27 AM »
"pulse ~9v to 0v " meaning vdc or vac:scratch-head_3:

I would look at the schematics in the NLG File System for your machine.  :yes:
I think you have to be a Contributing Member to look at the documentation in there.  :cool_thumb_up:

Online lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2023, 10:05:35 AM »
The signal to the emitter is complex digital pulses. If it's really hitting 9V then either the diode is open, or you have a problem on the MPU board.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal