New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Series Bill Validator Stacker Error - Door Open  (Read 1026 times)

Offline DCBUS

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DCBUS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Series Bill Validator Stacker Error - Door Open
« on: May 04, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »
Hello,

I believe I have a IGT series unit, (I attached a photo of the internal section). It was working prior, but now when I boot, I get the error "Bill Validator Stacker Error - Door Open". I have done the below procedures as mentioned on the site, but still receive the error.

1. Green Varta battery is corroded,  so I removed from the board, as one post said not needed.
2. Bypassed the bill acceptor outer door wire, (twisted the pair of wires together)
3. Tested the watch style battery, and I get three volts.
4. Reseated the mainboard

Thank you, JR

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Series Bill Validator Stacker Error - Door Open
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 11:48:35 AM »
Stacker error is the switch behind the cashbox.  Post pic of the varta area, it may have destroyed the door traces under it causing open door state.

-----------This needs moved to S2000 area.------------

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 01:22:50 PM »
Hello,

OK, I will get some images. Thank you very much

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 01:28:54 PM »
Hello,
I also took an image of the switch behind the cash box. I do not see any wires to it. I also do not see any loose wires that would have been attached to it.

Thank you, JR

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 01:44:45 PM »
Hello,
I think the battery corroded the board? If this is so, How do I tell which board I have in order to purchase another.

Thank you

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 01:51:20 PM »
You want a 504B board. Member lookes may be able to repair your board.  Send him a PM: https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1084

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »
Thank you

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 10:49:12 AM »
Hello,

I have seemed to have fixed error messages from the screen, but the bill validator is still not working after the main board has been repaired and install. The slot machine goes through all the boot up procedures with not issues and is to the point of adding money the validator to start playing. But still not lights on the validator and will not accept money. I have gone through the setup and listed below some of the settings. I think they all look correct in order for the validator to be functional.

3.1.1   Player Initiared (Non-Credit)
3.1.4 Limits
   Hopper Limit 00000
   Credit Limit 00009
   Jackpot Limit 00009
   Bill Limit 00000
   Partial Pay Limit 0
   Odd Pay Enabled
   Handpay Display Enabled
   Player Cashout Menu Disabled
   Quick Coin 0
   EFT Control Disabled
   Token Setup Value 001

Thank you, JR

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 10:58:26 AM »
Start with:
change credit limit to 100,000
change jackpot limit to at least 1200
change bill limit to $3000

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2023, 02:00:01 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the update. I set it to your recommendations. Still no validator. So strange, it was working prior to the board fix. The machine boots and I can hear the validator go through the cycle so I know the system can see it? I am open for any ideas.

Thank  you

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 02:36:04 PM »
Hello,

I did notice something under 4.1 input tests. Under (4.1.3), bill validator door, and main door cycles back and fourth from 1 and zero. Where most other test are either 1 or 0.

Thank you

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 03:23:46 PM »
Main door should alternate 0-1 if closed and 0 if open.  BV door should alternate 0-1 if closed.

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2023, 03:33:31 PM »
Hello,

Thank you. I am at the end just not sure what changed that stopped it working. I appreciate the help.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2023, 03:34:39 PM »
Did you try the bill test 4.8.1? BV should light up and take a bill and tell you what denom it was.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2023, 05:48:29 PM »
Did you do a auto config in Test 4, see if the bill unit is enabled??

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2023, 06:11:04 AM »
Hello,

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has given me a hand on this issue, it does not do unappreciated.

OK, we are making headway. I have run the the auto config prior with no progress, but this time it now says Bill Accepter Enabled. I also ran 4.8.1 bill test and it now shows Test Bill = Bill Validator Door Open. It will still not accept a bill. But, this is farther than I have been able to get in the past.

Two note, and not sure if this has anything to the issue.
1. The lights above the bill accepter do not light and I am not getting voltage to their board, so I have to trace it back to the power supply. Not sure if that plays part to the acceptor.
2. I did notice now, when the system boots, the bill acceptor now cycles 6-7 times, where if I remember, it only cycles 1 or two times.

I think we are getting closer.

Thank you, JR

Offline DCBUS

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 06:30:59 AM »
Hi,

Big process, it is now accepting, I think I found the issue. I will report back shortly. Thank you so much to everyone.

JR

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal