Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support

Kortek KTL190L cant center screen

(1/3) > >>

smileman83:
Hi all I have a 19" Game King roundtop with a Kortek 190l screen. When booting the small initializing screen is off center to the right. I used to be able to hit the far right button below the monitor for auto correct and it would resolve, but it appears that button is not functioning or the board that is attached to or the next board are not responding. All other buttons on the daughterboard work, and I can get the onscreen menu up, but cannot horizontal shift to the left enough to get the game to be all on screen-its cut off on right.

I pulled the monitor and checked continuity from the switch to the board pins to the harness and to the processing board and its continuous. Not familiar with what can be replaced, but other than this the monitor is fine.

Any help is appreciated. or if its better to do an upgrade I am listening.

Bruce

Tilt:
I'm a little confused.  How did the image end up off to the right?  It should keep it's settings once it has been autoconfigured.  Did you swap MPU boards or something?  What type of MPU do you have installed in it?  When you try to autoconfigure it now it doesn't do anything at all?

smileman83:
Occsioanlly at startup the rectangular initializing message is just off center to the right. and so is the main game once booted. the auto button on the right used to correct if this happened, but now it doesnt repond. As I said if i enter teh menu, i can adjust the horizontal as far left as possible, but its still not all on screen. I guess i could unscrew the small adjustment board and try and move it where i can get at the back once the monitor is plugged back in and the try and short across the pins for that buton and see if the button has gone bad, or whether its in the board that this small board cables into.

Tilt:
It's odd that it occasionally changes.  That's with the same MPU board installed correct?  The reason I'm pressing you on that is because if you're using 3902 boards and swapping between them some have older FPGA configuration PROMs and will cause the screen to shift off center to the right as you described.  So I just wanted to make sure that's not the case with your problem.

You can pull the button board off and check the button continuity with a DMM to see if it's working correctly.

smileman83:
Will do. If the button is functional, where do we go. The next board is listed in the pics. Does that control all functions of i/o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version