**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Scientific Games (TwinStar, ArgOS)

Bally Alpha 2 Pro V27 Argos

(1/4) > >>

JConti1971:
Having issue getting installer to take after battery change.  It’s booting to NVRAM error which is normal.
This is an ArgOs machine with BIOS ABIP02402112A, im using installer AIN0000213A.  When i boot to the USB I get a message that States. “Boot Device must contain a soft-image and not be sector copied”
Then it halts.

Anyone have experience with this.

rickhunter:
AIN 213A is not an ARGOS installer. It is an OS loader.  The installer is AIN000000x (the x is usually a single capital letter between "A" and "L" although there might be something newer than "L". So you need to boot with that and the AIN213.

JConti1971:
I suppose I used the wrong choice of words.  I need the OS loader to clear the machine after battery change. There is a game already on it.

idesign:
Actually AIN213A is an early installer.  The newer ones do have a single letter though.  This sounds like you are not using a OEM USB drive to clear NVRAM.

Since the installer is not working, you can just boot up with the logic door open on the CPU and it will get you to a NVRAM clear and persistent data screen.  You can do both on that screen and continue to the setup menu for the game you already have installed.

JConti1971:
I have the correct USB drive coming.    Meanwhile I did boot with the CPU door open, and after the whole boot it still ends up saying

SYSTEM FAULT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version