New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Education: Lesson 101 by Teacher Tilt  (Read 19914 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Game King Education: Lesson 101 by Teacher Tilt
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
I know I'm going to sound dumb in asking the following, but I am a little confused by what is being identified as what on a Game King that I am converting from 3902 to 044 :EmoticonHelp4: . Photos for this lesson WILL be appreciated :Please_Post_Pictures_2: . I have seen different parts referred to as "a backplane", "an enhanced board", a Game King Deluxe enhanced board", "a motherboard", "main board" with some saying the other is one in the same. I'm new to all this and just want to be clear on what I should or SHOULDN'T be purchasing. I at least know about the Main board and have that already :applause: . I believe I know what the enhanced board is, one that can be flashed :Scratch-Head: . And I know that there is a board to adapt 3902 games to an 044, have seen this referred to as an Enhanced Game King Deluxe Board? Hope I don't miss this on the final exam :duh: . Please advise on this topic as all help will be appreciated. I have no footnotes to study this subject. Thanks.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 09:41:09 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King Education: Lesson 101
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
I'll give it a whirl.  Sometimes the terms can be confusing because they can mean the same thing, something different, or aren't always used properly.  The game king enhanced controller, aka 044 board, or enhanced MPU board is the board that is mounted in the metal tray.  Here's a photo of one without any program installed.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »
It plugs into the game king deluxe motherboard, aka enhanced motherboard, 044 motherboard, or backplane. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
There are two types of memory cards that can be used with the game king enhanced controller.  The first is a flash memory board.  It contains the entire game software package on one board.  They are very static sensitive, so exercise caution when handling them.  Ground yourself (using a wriststrap is best if available) and only hold the card by the edges.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
The second type of memory card is the legacy adapter board.  This board has the usual EPROM/SIMM sockets that allows you to use 3802/3902 software with your 044 enhanced controller.  Most software will work with this adapter, but it's been reported that international game versions do not.  This particular adapter board has game king 5.3 installed on it.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »
Lastly, here's a couple of pictures of the enhanced controller with the different memory boards installed.  The most difficult part of changing your 3902 machine to a 044 is replacing the motherboard.   Class dismissed.  :applause:

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Tilt.........you nailed it :hail: :hail: :hail: Thanks for the lesson, and the most excellent photos, I think I can now graduate to an 044 Game King conversion, with or without Mr. Spicoli and his most excellent pizza. :yes: :yes: :yes: :thank_you: As Biff would say, I'm gonna "make like a tree and get outta here"

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »
Great class Tilt!  The pictures definitely help with this one  :yes:
That should help a lot of members  :applause:

Offline Jam64FR

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jam64FR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
I confirm, it's helping a lot...
Thanks!  :applause:

Offline Craig007

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Craig007 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »
Thanks for this awesome information.  Have my first GK coming this week or next.  Can't wait! 

Offline Azslot

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Azslot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • www.Azslot.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
When going to an 044 conversion it's a good idea to check out the 24v cooling fan to the right of the mpu. We're seen a number of them plugged with debris or simply inop.
Cheap insurance considering the cost of conversion parts.   

Offline Slotcowboy

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Slotcowboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 06:14:49 AM »
Great job Tilt.
Thanks a lot.

Offline 61Wally

• Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Game King Education: Lesson 101 by Teacher Tilt
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 01:22:24 AM »
Thank You So Much Mr. TILT, for explaining these different concepts/configurations of the 3902/044 boards and options. I was given some of these and I noticed that on the 044 Legacy board I don’t have any chip in U52,(DSP BOOT). Can Anyone help me with this issue. I have 5.3 GK chips in the board, Thank You again.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Game King Education: Lesson 101 by Teacher Tilt
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 04:35:19 AM »
I have DSP chips. PM me if interested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal