New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The NLG Welcome Wagon  (Read 388784 times)

Offline Redragonfire

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Redragonfire New User has no influence.
  • No cash payout. Max bet!!!!
Re: The NLG Welcome Wagon
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
Hi everyone!
Awesome site. Cant wait to check out all the knowledge. Just inherited 6 machines and I'm kinda lost. Looks like I have another hobby to add to the list. Looking forward to learning something new!  :drool04:

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
Great way to start, 6 games. Post what you have.
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Offline bluechip_brian

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bluechip_brian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2014, 01:07:48 AM »
Cool site. Got help right away and fixed one machine already.  :yes:

Offline 72polara

• Reputation Power: 1
  • 72polara New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
Just checking here. I was on the old board a while back and now see we have a new one. Looks and works great, and the old one is still there as an archive.

Very useful site with tons of knowledge.

Josh

Offline billdern

• Reputation Power: 6
  • billdern New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »
good site hope to get good use out of it
Bill

Offline Don

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Don New User has no influence.
  • It's All About Fun!
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
Looks Like a great site, Looking forward to reading the forums here, Hello to all!

Looking forward to learning more about my IGT S2000 machines, Hopefully my 45 years in electronics and Communications might help someone along the way here.

AGAIN! Greetings and thanks for the great resource of information!

Don
-------------------------------------------------------------
Forget the Joneses. I can't keep up with the Simpsons!

Offline Mk1Mod0

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Mk1Mod0 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
Another new guy. Been heavily into pins for some time. Sold a couple at the show in Houston this past weekend and being as I cannot seem to leave a show empty handed I picked up 3 WMS dotmations at the swap meet. I figured this would be a great resource to see just how bad of a deal I have gotten myself into!  (Jackpot Party, reasonably complete.  Jackpot Stampede Deluxe, no CPU, no lower power supply. Perfect Match, no CPU, no lower power supply.)

Offline ilovekittens

• Reputation Power: 2
  • ilovekittens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »
Good day everyone.  I came across the forum today.  I picked up a slot machine at an auction today.  Of course I'm all excited to get it home and start playing the one armed bandit and I get an error code.  I guess I 'm going to have to read up on how these things tick because I'm a total newb.  From what I've gathered so far I have a 2003 IGT square top upright which came from Trump Plaza in NJ machine name is "Reel Detectives".  If anyone can point me into the newb section, where no question is a dumb question.  Chips, optics, reset, it all sounds so scary.  :EmoticonHelp4: ILK

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
Sounds like an S2000. Have the little speakers on each side about ear level? If so post there and you'll find all the help you need. And welcome aboard! It's S2000 and vision games.

And there are no dumb questions....when you don't know the answer.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ilovekittens

• ilovekittens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Yes it's an S2000.  Solved my first problem on my own, and then ran into another shortly after. Already posted my first question in the s2000 subforum.  Thanks.  ILK

Offline oz slots

• oz slots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2015, 04:17:01 PM »
Hi all from the land down under .
new site looks good thanks NLG :CaptainHappy_worried: :thank_you:

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »
Welcome! Glad to have have you.
Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline oz slots

• oz slots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
Thankyou, Dave i was a member on the old site as old slot but have moved up to the new site with new name cheers.

Offline maxwar

• maxwar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »
Hey there from Canada! I am known as MaxWar on various gaming forums.

I found this forum while looking for repair logs and PCB cleaning advices.

I am 32 and collect retro gaming items since 2010. I have a fondness for repairing stuff.
I also like arcade boards. So far I have only saved a NBA JAM board but recently I purchased a bundle of Non working Jamma boards for cheap.
I hope I can get at least one going!  Hope to be sharing the process with you.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »
Maxwar, welcome to NLG! Many things to explore here and many experts. Glad to have you aboard.

Offline Lizzo54

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Lizzo54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »
Hi Maxwar.  Good to see you have an interest in retro gaming.  NBA Jam is a great game, I'm interested in what  Jamma boards you picked up.  Love to see projects in the works. 

Lenny

Offline maxwar

• NLG
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
Thanks for the warm greeting guys!

The batch I just got is consisting of 9 unidentified non working jamma boards. Managed to get this for about 50$ shipped.
I could ID some but not all; ranges from bootleg/crap to very interesting psykio shmup. :p
I haven't done any more than a preliminary survey on them but in the next days I will take a good picture of each board and do a visual assessment of what it is and of any visible damage.
I am not an electronic expert but I am normally good enough to not make things worse. Got a steady hand and good equipment for soldering, about to purchase a rom programmer.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2015, 08:43:06 PM »
Maxwar
In my opinion check out the TL866A programmer. They are USB, relatively cheap, and work really well. Make sure you download the latest software upgrade (I think it's 6.10) and of course the 'chingless' directions are a little tough to deal with but you really don't need them.
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline maxwar

• NLG
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2015, 05:43:30 PM »
of course the 'chingless' directions are a little tough to deal with

Hehe, did you by any chance watch the video review of the TL866CS on eevblog? :p

It does seem like a good programmer for a low price, are you aware of a way to use 42 pins DIP roms on it though? Someone one another forum made me aware that it is not well suited to larger roms such as the 42 bin 27c322. 

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »
Not sure about 42 pin but I believe the A model can do 48 pin with an adaptor. The largest chips I program are 40 pin.
So I'm really not sure.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal