New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My DENVER DUCK doesn't start properly  (Read 5399 times)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: My DENVER DUCK doesn't start properly
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:37 PM »
I'm looking for a board but that's going to be a long shot.
Anyplace you could get a top box in France.
Doesn't have to be a Duck just needs to be any reel touch.
They did use two different screens one was a Sharp not sure of the other screen maker, the top boxes look the same except for the orange board.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2023, 09:30:03 PM »
There are two brass screws that hold the daughter card to the main cpu you can try removing it and reinstalling but I really doubt this will do anything different.
Remember alignment is critical so make sure the screws line up before you try it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Breton56

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Breton56 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2023, 07:09:20 AM »
Hello.
Thanks for the information.
I’ll see if I can find a board myself.

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2023, 08:10:58 AM »
The screen is working again!
It was the connector that goes from the orange board to the screen and is located behind the cd player that was disconnected. You could only see it by removing that CD player.
I just need to get the hard drive :)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2023, 11:48:02 AM »
That's great, never had that before.
OK I recommend leaving until the HD shows up.

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2023, 11:50:24 AM »
Okay, I don’t touch the machine until the hard drive is received;)

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2023, 03:32:15 AM »
There is a grey box at the bottom of the machine (picture). It is connected to the EZPay box. I don’t know what it’s for and if it doesn’t block the start of the machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2023, 03:47:27 AM »
There seems to be too many flat cables going to the easy pay box. Where do they go and what are the for?

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2023, 03:51:16 AM »
I can disconnect the cables from the gray box at the bottom of the machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2023, 03:59:58 AM »
That might help where do they go?
Just the three gray wires from the top box should be plugged in there. Another photo of that area would be good.
Also confirm the multi colored ribbon cable connections at both ends(reseat them on both ends and the gray wires plug also)

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2023, 06:30:18 AM »
Here’s the bottom of the machine and the connections.
I disconnected and removed the gray box.
It was connected where there are two red circles.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2023, 07:15:10 AM »
So after reseating ribbon cable and gray cable at both  ends, removing other gray box, still the same result?
The bottom and top boxes are doing what they are supposed to do right up to when they should have a handshake with each other and start the game.
Also open the top box and reseat the small multi colored ribbon cable next to the cpu heat sink and fan.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:36:58 AM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2023, 07:45:17 AM »
Looking at your pictures again was that other box spliced into the multi colored ribbon cable? (Hard to tell from the picture)
If it was you need to repair or repair that ribbon cable.
It is common to all IGT S2000s so you should be able to find one in France.

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2023, 02:29:39 PM »
I have another S2000 IGT machine.
I replaced the ribbon cable, the MPU board, checked the connectors, but nothing changed, I still have the same display...

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2023, 02:51:31 PM »
Yes the drive is performing as it should.  It is waiting for the handshake from the lower unit.
I  have seen this before, it's not the mpu or the ribbon cable because you changed them. Three things left.
The backplane board, the ezPay board in the center of the lower power distribution box. The last thing and probably the most probable is the top box itself. Since you have another S2000 you can try swapping the ezPay and backplane boards then that would leave you with the top box. This is assuming you have checked the colored ribbon cable in the top box, the gray wired molex plug down to the ezPay board, verified connections at colored ribbon cable in the bottom box.
Send a picture of the colored ribbon cable connection in the top box.

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2023, 06:15:54 PM »
I think I found the problem (see picture)
When I disconnect the black jack from the green connector, the sound works normally.
When I plug it back in, the sound gets weak.
Which connector should this jack be plugged into? Green, blue or pink?
Thank you.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2023, 07:31:07 PM »
They have one or the other but not both.
They either have a molex plug from the back of the top box or the mini plug that I believe goes in the blue.
If it is working without the mini plugged in, leave it unplugged.
More proof that this machine has undergone part change outs and is slightly Frankensteined as most Reel Touch machines are that are still alive.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:50:04 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2023, 08:45:17 PM »
So are we checking this topic solved?
1. Initial problem was top box not booting fully due to a bad harddrive.
2. A month and a half waiting for harddrive delivery to France (I have learned a valuable lesson regarding shipping)
3. After replacing the harddrive machine still did not fully boot because of communication issue between the top and bottom computer.
4. Communication issue caused by bad board in the lower center EZ-Pay box. Board replaced and machine worked but sound was weak.
5. Sound fix was not to use the mini plug that is usually used for sound. Sound is being fed through a molex plug in the rear of the top box. Reel Touch uses one or the other to deliver the sound to the amplifier in the top cabinet.

Remy anything else?
Be sure to read this topic
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14054.0

Offline Breton56

• NLG
    • Jackpot56.com
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »
Hello Rich.
I can confirm that all operational problems are repaired.
I just have to make some adjustments and programming.
I want to thank you and congratulate you for your prompt and continued assistance.
Tell me the price of the hard drive with the transport.
Thank you.
Remy

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2023, 04:38:20 PM »
Remy
Your inbox is full you need to delete some so I send you payment info.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal