Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > MEI Mars Bill Validators

MEI Cashflow Bill Validator Not Working

<< < (2/4) > >>

dailey:
If the green light has a steady evenly paced flash and the red and yellow are off, that sounds like you are viewing it with the door open. With the door open it flashes. It should be a solid green with the door closed. Can you view it from the bill slot?

A solid green with door closed is normal. A single or a double green flash means the head is ok and the problem is elsewhere. See the diagnostic code.

Stayouttadabunker:
okay...looks good....and the flashing green LED is good too.
Does your cabinet have door optics or a cherry switch?
If it has wired door optics, close the door and watch for the yellow bill bezel to light up.
You can check the bill bezel lamps if the're any good by swappiing with the denomination lamp on the reel glass.
If your machine just uses the cherry switch, pull out the plunger...it will act as if the door is in a closed-state.
Watch to see if the yellow bill bezel comes on.

Also, are there any messages coming up at all on the blue VFD reel glass display?

Finally, there are bill validator tests, door optics tests you can run....but I want you to see if you can get the door in a closed-state.
It's the simplest thing to try by just observing the bill bezel light.
If you can't get that bill bezel light to come on, it won't accept bills.

darthb10:
I believe my main cabinet has door optics installed, not a cherry switch.
As for the Bill Validator, a miracle transpired last night. Somehow I was able to get it to accept bills and function properly! The downside is that it only lasted a short while before going back to "Not Responding". This leads me to believe that it is either a loose wire or faulty cash box stacker/head. I have already deep cleaned the cash box as well. Just need to keep finnicking with it and see if anything happens.

darthb10:
The Bezel light does come on when running a test via the MEI head. It also came last night when it worked for 10 minutes.

Stayouttadabunker:
Hmm...it worked for a bit...all the lamps came on is a good sign...at least for 10 minutes!
But something made it go out again....misaligned door optics maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version