**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > BALLY Game Maker

Bally Game Maker 7217 Trouble With Set Up.

(1/3) > >>

Ash100:
I've got a Game Maker that I'm trying to do the initial set up on and I can't get past the One Time Configuration pages.

Every time I start it up, go through the initial settings and get to the extra set up pages the monitor goes blank then reappears with a blue screen and the text "Please Install Clear Chip Minimum and Maximum Wager Settings Must Be Configured".

So, I'm assuming that the MPU is going into a reboot halfway through my set up and wiping out my saved data, forcing me to perform the Clear again.

I have all 4 Green LEDs on the MPU and the Red Reset LED doesn't blink during the cycle. But the longer I leave the machine on, the quicker the cycling gets.

Is this indicative of a bad MPU?

Maybe a Thermal Shutdown?

And is it repairable? I haven't seen too many Game Maker Boards on the open market.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

Chris-socal:
Hi Curtis
Gamemaker boards are available, some if us have two that we swap out so we can have 20 games to play, just swap the hoard.
I am not an expert on the board, that would be Badbaud.
But I seem to recall mine doing this when I was getting it working.
Have you verified all game eeproms are firmly seated and installed correctly? I know it seems simple but sometimes someone installs a short eeprom shifted to the wrong side and the game messes up.
Second, you are absolutely positive the backup battery is above 3v and soldered well? The battery is vital on these.
Can you take a picture of the board from above so we can look at jumpers and eeproms?
It would jelpful to have a second board so we can verify its the board and not PS or back board.

Chris

Ash100:
Thanks for the reply.

I've checked all of the EPROMS, they're where they're supposed to be and oriented correctly.

The battery holder was previously installed, but I did put a fresh Battery in it.

I just don't understand why it's resetting halfway through the set up process. I'm guessing that the MPU is failing.

I've attached a photo.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

Chris-socal:
Let me ask around.
Out of curiosity, are you intentionally not putting a game chip in P10?
Usually all 10 slots have games, you just pull the one in P10 to insert the reset chip.
When the program tells you to shut down and reset switches Put game back in P10 and restart machine.

Chris

Ash100:
It never had a chip in P10.

Everything shown is exactly the way it came to me.

I found it in a friend's warehouse (he's in the Arcade business and sometimes ends up with some slots now and then in his shipments). It had a dead CRT, so I found one that worked from an old Bally EVO. Aside from cleaning it up, this is the original configuration.

I'd be interested in obtaining a second MPU for troubleshooting purposes. And this is my first and only Game Maker, so I'm interested in figuring out all of the settings and so forth.

Curtis ash100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version