**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

What kind of board do I have in my S2000

(1/3) > >>

lowlimitlootlane:
See pic attached to help identify the board. Backstory... I wanted to get stereo sound, so I purchased the Multimedia Lite Board II for the machine. When I plug the soundcard into the board and turn on the machine I instantly hear a static noise, usually associated with a bad ground. Before I plugged in the soundcard there was no static, and only sound coming out of the right speaker. When I hit spin, I can audibly hear the humm from the reel motors the duration of the spin. I found a video on youtube that shows the issue I am having and how he modded his board to solidify the ground connections on the PCB. My issue Is I don't have the same board, I don't know what board i have, and am looking for schematics on how to reinforce the ground connections to get better sound in stereo. Any help in identifying the board, or offering wiring solutions would be appreciated.
Here is the youtube video i was referencing, https://youtu.be/NE-8_tUSy2s?si=egLdwgAl_TlWehoQ&t=178

Pics of my board attached.

sixcardmark:
Machine probably has a mono sound harness and is most likely a 502 board that needs the sound ground mod.  It also needs the blue varta battery removed asap.  Member lookes repairs and mods these boards.

lowlimitlootlane:
As far as removing the battery, does it need to be replaced or can this just be removed? Thanks for the information.

sixcardmark:
Just remove, not needed for home use, will destroy board when it leaks.

lookes:
You have a 500 REV D board. Useless for enhanced audio. One of the very first S2000 MPU's.
Is it stereo with the enhanced board? Need to know if you have a stereo wire harness and a top box amplifier.

The normal 502A audio rework won't work on 500's or 501's. It's meant for 502's   I do have a rework that makes 500's and 501's almost as quiet as 504's tho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version