New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ not taking coins or bills  (Read 1867 times)

Offline scottf11961

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • scottf11961 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ not taking coins or bills
« on: February 05, 2023, 07:09:57 AM »
I'm new here, so be easy on me. I have a triple double diamond s+2000. The bv never worked, so I just use coins. Recently, I was playing it, and it just stopped taking coins completely.  They would fall right through. I checked everything. Whatever you can think of, I probably tried. I took the cc apart and cleaned it. I disconnected the rake. Then I removed the rake.still no luck. I ran the cc through the belly and closed the door. Nothing. The light didn't even come on. I pushed the tiny white button, and that gave me test credits.( I guess that's what you call it). My buddy came by and did a RAM clear. Still nothing..but now the little white button doesn't give me test credits.
With that said..I decided to turn my attention to the bv. Wba-12-ss.  It cycles, but doesn't light up for bills. I do have another machine that works perfect, and only takes bills, and is the exact same as my triple diamond,  so I swapped them just to get some credits into the machine, but no luck. Same problem.
So I have a dead machine basically. It powers up. Looks nice, but I have no way of adding playable credits
HELP

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ not taking coins or bills
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 07:55:25 AM »
oh boy...

"My buddy came by and did a RAM clear."  :fryingpan:

He erased all the settings (Machine Type, Game Denomination, etc etc.) and disabled the printer, and bill validator.

Now you need to buy a Keychip31 or 45.
Get in contact with NLG member RB.
He will have what you need.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 12:06:18 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 10:09:38 AM »

Once you get the chips you will now need, report back to us with the problems and we'll start over. Don't let your buddy help. RAM clears CLEAR THE RAM/SETTINGS - they don't "fix" problems.

First, did anyone REMOVE the sample coin in the CC? It's been known to happen!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:01:08 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 11:11:58 AM »
Candle lights showing what?
Did you check the cash box switch as that will prevent machine from playing?
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 12:25:26 PM »
There's people making a lot of assumptions here. Member states he has a S+2000. There is no such thing. It's either one or the other. Either could have been ram cleared. Either could have a WBA12SS. How about a picture of the machine so we can see what you actually have and we can go from there.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 04:17:12 PM »
Good catch RB! :yes: ....this is the 2nd time this has happened lately. :rotfl:

Online a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »
I was thinking Bally :) just kidding

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 10:08:15 AM »
The fact that he can press the white test button and establish credits tells me this is a S plus machine, on s-2000 machines you can press that button all day long and never get any credits on the machine.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 10:22:29 AM »
I apologize.  Its an S+ machine. I'm trying to upload some photos, just have to figure out how to make them smaller,. One chip says 731 on it, the other mech ss4779. the BV is wba ss 12. As stated, The BV never worked. I just used coins and that was fine. Payout was credits. Then my CC stopped taking coins. I tried different resident coins, cleaned the optics, removed the rake, etc.. nothing. I do have another CC on the way..just in case i need it.  I dont know what/ where a cashbox switch is.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2023, 10:26:49 AM »
pics hopefully..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:02:08 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2023, 10:28:49 AM »
more

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2023, 10:35:59 AM »
im not good at pics

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2023, 10:42:13 AM »
I should add that after my friend cleared the RAM, he also installed a BV chip, and made sure the BV was on

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 10:51:59 AM »
I apologize.  Its an S+ machine.  I dont know what/ where a cashbox switch is.
It’s the little door just below the BV where the bills go. Usually the lock on the door has been removed. But that door must be closed well to ensure the switch inside is closed. Sone folks just cut the switch off and splice the two wires (bypass). At the very least you need to make sure that switch is triggers so tape it down well.

If not the machine won’t recognize the main door is closed this will not play/take coins.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 04:10:05 AM »
I looked last night, and the BV doesn't have a door for the cashbox. It was removed before  I owned it. I guess the switch was bypassed since I've been using the game for a while without issues. Is it typical for the CC to just die without warning? As I stated, right now it's dead completely.  .and I was wrong. When powering up, the BV does not cycle at all. I put the dip switches in test mode,  and it cycles that way, but with all the dip switches off, it doesn't work. My fox and hound has the exact same BV. THAT machine is coinless, and the bv functions properly. But when I put it into the Triple diamond,  it doesn't work. Is it possible that my MPU doesn't know there's a BV there? If so, how do I fix it? I did put a bv chip in the machine, and made sure it's set for ON,  but still no luck. There's a blue box on the MPU with white dip switches.  Should I be looking at that?

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 06:03:47 AM »
As you close the door and push the door latch down, keep an eye on the number in the [Coins Played] display and watch for it to go out momentarily, then come back on.
If so, your door optics are working.

If there's no lock on your door, you can peek thru the lock hole at the CC and see if the LED is on.
That would mean the CC is working but needs to be adjusted for better coin acceptance.

To adjust, turn the coin sensitivity dial on the CC fully counter-clockwise until it stops, then turn clockwise a 1/4 turn.
That should put the adjustment in the ballpark.

To enable the DBV, one of the things you need to do is set the coin denomination as well.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »
My machine does have a door lock, but I opened the belly door and ran the cc through,  closed the door, and nothing. No light on the cc. My door optics are good. Tested.  I do have another CC on the way, but for now I'm at least trying to get the BV running. I put the chip in, and set it to 9-1, with .25 denomination. Saved all my settings..  Still no luck.

Also, this machine does not have a printer installed. Not that it matters for this problem

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 08:11:40 AM »
First things first: in regards to the CC-16 not working, when you had it out through the belly door, when you closed and latched the door, the LED on the cc-16 should have been on. adjustment should be full ccw, if you shim out the rake (coil on back with grey wires going to it) when you put a coin through it , you should get a code 21 if everything is operating correctly.

hopes are the replacement cc-16 will fix that issue, provided the LED came on in my first statement, if not then you have a different issue, if the LED didn't come on then the unit is not getting 24vac  on the black and yellow wire when it is enabled.

as for the dollar bill unit, it is a separate unit unto it self, the only interaction it has is to communicate with the machine, once the machine knows it is there by setting 9-1, set the denomination, and setting the limits in test 7.
there are four major elements to the bill unit,  head and transport, power supply, cash can and shelf assembly.
even if the unit will not accept bills ,on power up it should cycle, if not , check to see if there are two red LEDS above the switch bank on the right side of the transport, this will tell you the power supply is putting out 13 vdc,
swap the cash can in the other machine, swap the head and transport in the other machine, since the other machine does work, you should be able to eliminate the defective component, you can also swap heads, etc. just make sure you mark which is which.
make sure all 8 switches are up, could have a bad transport, or wrong software in the unit.

get the flip diagnostic cards  and self test for the WBA in the first section of the s plus section.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 09:09:57 AM »
With the CC, I tried a few different resident coins, but that didnt help. I removed the CC and ran it through the belly, closed the door, and no LED light came on. I did shim the rake, and even tried to remove the rake, but nothing seems to help. Coins are not regestering at all.  I dont think power is being supplied to it anymore.  this started a few days ago... my wife was playing it and ran out of coins. She opened the door, took a handful out of the hopper. closed the door, and that was the end of the CC working, and the beginning of my problems since thats the machine she likes out of the 5 we have. I was thinking maybe she pulled a wire loose by accident...but i checked all the wires and they look attached. I checked the fuses. Im stummped by this.  I dont see any black and yellow wires. The CC has a connection on the bottom left...maybe 5 wires in it. I ordered the exact same CC just in case i need it. even if i dont, still good to have it as a spare.

Since i couldnt get the CC going, i decide to try the BV.  I did swap the head with a known working head, but still didnt work.  I put the BV in test mode by switching the dip switches 5,6,7,8 to the ON position, and then it cycled..so it is getting power. Mo Fox and hounds uses the same BV and its a coinless machine. I swapped heads, that didnt help.  once i did that , BOTH BVs didnt work. ..so I swapped it back, and my fox and hounds worked fine. I also have a Haywire machine, but the BV is different

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 09:38:04 AM »
I looked last night, and the BV doesn't have a door for the cashbox. It was removed before  I owned it. I guess the switch was bypassed since I've been using the game for a while without issues.
Did you confirm by looking for the switch wires to see that they are spliced together? Optics could test just fine, but if that switch is still open the machine will never register as a door closed.
I had this same issue for a bit until i remembered i taped the switch closed a while before. When i was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the door closed is not being recognized. (changed optics, tested circuits, etc....) I remembered that switch. Low and behold....the tap loosened. Retaped and bingo...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal