New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Game King Sound Issues?  (Read 20438 times)

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Game King Sound Issues?
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 09:58:02 PM »
I'll throw one more thing in the mix.
In your videos the game speed and payout speed is set at the maximum speed. Have you tried reducing the speed?
If you press the white button on the board, then Setup/Game Options/Speed Setup, then any game listed, you can set the max speed all games can go.

Offline peasoup

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • peasoup New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »
Speed wasn't at the highest in the setup, just under.  But when tested I selected the slowest a player can set and sounds were the same.

New problem now.  I think I was sold a piece of crap and getting ready to take it on a little boat ride  :CaptainHappy_worried: [size=78%].  Now the video is locked up and flashing.  The first LED on the board is flashing RED, and the rest are yellow.  So, I don't know.[/size]

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »
-UPDATE-

After letting it sit all night, powered it up, and it ran through it's cycles.  When it came online, it finished paying the hit that I won when it failed last night.  Video is normal and no red LEDs flashing at me.  Unfortunately, sound still jacked up.  Found a website that has the 044 board, backplane, and GK 6.2 all for what appears to be $350. From the website pic, it looks like it has the Varta battery, so I'll modify that when it comes in.

I have what appears to be the stock 19" monitor (P/N: KTL190UR-25-ST) in the machine.  I'm going to shoot from the hip here and hope that there won't be too many growing pains during this upgrade and video works as advertised.  I know there's a possibility that it won't, but my glass is half full. LOL

EDIT-
When I was on the phone with Jim @ Bettor Slots, the video started flashing again with the far left LED flashing RED at me.  I really hope the new 044 setup arrives soon.  :hissyfit:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:16:09 AM by peasoup »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
A blinking red light on the MPU board is not a good thing as you've found out.  For some reason your MPU isn't booting, or boots, and then fails to stay running as it seems to have done to you.  Let's hope it's related to your sound issue and the MPU itself has problems instead of something else like a failing power supply. 

Your monitor is a Kortek. You shouldn't have too much drama upgrading to a 044 with it.  Probably just have to make some Horiz/Vertical position/size changes in the menus is all.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 03:57:31 PM »
So did you just recently buy this machine?  If so, perhaps the vendor could replace the MPU for you.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 06:24:33 PM »
So did you just recently buy this machine?  If so, perhaps the vendor could replace the MPU for you.

Jason

It is recent, but I've already purchased the 044 board, so I'm just gonna go with it.  He lives about 100 miles away and don't want to make the trip.  LOL

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »
You will need Key 28 as well if you bought a GK6 flash board with it.

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »
UPDATE:  The new 044 board arrives tomorrow and GK6.2 as well.  Jim @ Bettor Slots sent the new networked TITO board and Key 028 chip.  So it looks like I'm going to be a busy person tomorrow night.
Other than the possible battery leaking issue (which I'll check when the new board arrives), is there anything else that anyone can think of that I may have a problem with that I'll have to modify to make this work?  Or should this pretty much be a "plug-n-play" install?

I appreciate everyone's patience with this newbie.   :Tongue_Out:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »
Simple installation.  Make sure the motherboard has the jumper installed, otherwise the game will load, but will be locked up.  I learned that the hard way when I bought mine.

Anyway, enjoy!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2016, 06:43:20 PM »
Jason is referring to this jumper.  Without it you will get a "Door Open L" (Logic) error message.

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen.  I know this is a lengthy thread and I really didn't fix the original issue.  But in the end I'm suspecting the 3902 board is bad (maybe a cracked solder run).  After the new install I'll take it to work where I can inspect at it under a strong magnifier and do any needed repairs.  I'll probably keep it just in case the 'new' one gives me problems (knocking on wood).

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »
New 044 Board, backplane, and 6.2 installed!  Woot!  Didn't want to boot the first time so I Key Chip'd it. In my haste and excitement I forgot to select U.S. currency, so I'm going to have to do it again. Not worried about that at all.  Ordering a pizza then going to attack the TITO board install.

No hissing sound, no jack up sounds.  Very happy now with a GK that has 6.2, 19" monitor, and soon ticket validation.  Thanks again for the encouragement and indirectly convinced me not to take it to the dump.  LOL

Going to mark this one "Resolved".   :thank_you:

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2016, 06:12:05 PM »
 :dancing_party: Congratulations!  Glad to hear you were able to get the 044 upgrade installed and working.  Keep those TITO install instructions handy when you key the machine so you can configure the TITO at the same .  Also be careful handling the flash card, they're pretty static sensitive.  Ground yourself to the machine before you remove/install the boot/keychip.

Offline peasoup

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »
:dancing_party: Congratulations!  Glad to hear you were able to get the 044 upgrade installed and working.  Keep those TITO install instructions handy when you key the machine so you can configure the TITO at the same .  Also be careful handling the flash card, they're pretty static sensitive.  Ground yourself to the machine before you remove/install the boot/keychip.

Thanks and copy all.  BTW, how do I mark this resolved?  LOL

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:09 PM »
Is there a "Topic Solved" button at the bottom of the page?  If not, I can do it for you.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »
Congrats on the 044 install.  :applause: The 6.2 has a great variety of games.
Glad to hear you stuck with it and got your machine working!

Offline thegarse

• Reputation Power: 3
  • thegarse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2022, 10:27:59 AM »
I tried my hand a fixing ground noise. It worked but I think this isolator has too many windings as I have to turn up the sound in the preferences to full blast to get hear anything out of the machine. But, no more buzzing or ground noise!

(ground loop isolator and some RCA to wire connectors)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal