New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29468 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
Easy way to tell if it’s a .25c coin guide is by the two raise ridges running down through the middle. The .50c and $1.00 don’t have those.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
I tried Jim's Optic test : http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14723.0

The popsicle test worked on 11_1 and 12_1, but NOT on 10_1 . I did the test twice to make sure the results were accurate.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
Time for new optics or remove q2-q4

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 08:40:29 PM »
Pic with q2 removed:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 09:33:51 PM »
Reassembly and give it a try.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Pic with q2 removed:

I did take it apart and clean it before the test. Question Sixcard, why are there two options here? When you say Q2-Q4, it looks like just a little tiny chip with three soldered-on points, sound about right? Also, does that just turn off the sensors? Do I lose some sort of abilities if I do that?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 11:50:31 PM »
When you do this mod to the coin optic board it allows you the option of now using the coin comparitor or using a coin mech, the older mechanical type. The bad is that now the comparitor will allow extra coins to be inserted, but once you hit your machines limit, 2 coins, 3 coins etc., the extras will just go into the hopper and no credit will be added. The other thing about this mod is that your game now will accept both quarters and tokens because it can’t tell the difference.
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:17 AM »
I have done this modification to several hundred S+ machines,  it still will stop additional coins from being accepted, as far as the normal machine functions, you can never tell that you did anything to the optics, EVERYTHING OPERATES AS IT SHOULD!! .  the inhibit feature that will not allow additional coins to be accepted is a function of the program and a wire that is connected to the CC-16, which will remove power from the CC-16 when the max amount of coins has been inserted. on a machine that has the belly door, remove the cc-16 and  bracket , now plug it back in and hold it in your hand, close the door , and watch what happens as you insert coins, you will see the CC-16 LED go out when you hit the max coins inserted.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up Jim!  I had one machine accepting extra coins then returning them to tray after the spin and thought it was one I had done the mod to, but it was the comparitor in that machine that was causing it. The rake arm was bent out so it could not reject coins.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 09:18:43 AM »
.... why are there two options here? When you say Q2-Q4, it looks like just a little tiny chip with three soldered-on points, sound about right?

Over the years IGT made different versions of the coin optics board. They are similar but the transistor that gets removed by the mod is called Q2 on some boards and Q4 on other boards. It is always a 3 legged part. On some boards there is also a round optic part that is called Q4, you never remove it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »
Wow, great info guys! I removed the Q2 chip and am still getting the code 21 error, and am still unable to clear it, how do I proceed from here?

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
I saw someone mention that they cleared this way, worth a try?:

I was able to clear my error by removing the motherboard several times and reseating it, along with coin hopper, DBV, coin comparator and cleaning all optics with a q-tip and compressed air.  My wheels quit spinning and the machine returned to normal and started dropping coins (finishing out it's previous payout)  Apparently the coin in error occurred during a pay out thereby killing the DBV and coin accept ability.  As usual, I don't know what the exact fix was but all is back to normal.
[/size][/color]

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
The code 21 should disappear for a few seconds after you latch the door.  If it does not you may still be in open door mode.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »
It doesn't make sense that your displays stay lit when you close the door. They always go blank then come back on.  Simply lifting the latch should make the displays go blank except the coins played. Putting the latch back down should take a couple seconds to light the displays again. With the door open pushing the test button will light them again. You have pushed so many buttons and turned the key. Try pushing the tiny white button next to the on/off switch several times until you reach the end of the pages when the displays should go out then came back on. Is it possible your door optics are not seeing the door as closed and thus since there was a coin past the optics set off the 21 error. I am leaning heavy on door optics since it will not clear and the display doesn't go blank. The 61 after the battery change has me stumped although you didn't get 61-1, you got 63-2 or something. Should have been 61 then 61-1 then close the door turn key. It didn't sound like you got that. 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
Elvis, imI getting code 21 just to clarify. It's not going blank when I open and close, is there a test for door optics?

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2018, 06:00:26 PM »
The code 21 should disappear for a few seconds after you latch the door.  If it does not you may still be in open door mode.

So probably like Elvis said, dolr optics may be the issue?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
An easy way to check. place a piece of painters tape on the cabinet where the optic is. Then put one on the door where the optic is. then draw a line where the optics are. Then close the door and push the latch down. Do the marks line up? If not align them. S+ door sag quite often. Next check the tiny wires that go into the eye's. They break easily. They are both different sender and receiver. You can take a picture with your phone to see if the emitter is flashing.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
get into the input test menu, go to test 13,  now close the door and latch down,  the number 1 should be toggling back and forth from a 1 to a 0, if not then something in the optic circuit is not working.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »
get into the input test menu, go to test 13,  now close the door and latch down,  the number 1 should be toggling back and forth from a 1 to a 0, if not then something in the optic circuit is not working.

Jim

And the mystery continues... As I lift the latch up and down it does toggle from 13_0 to 13_1.

The optics don't look PERFECTly lined up but they are close.

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
If I cycle through all of the test options, the screen will go blank for 1-2 seconds before it displays the "21" again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal