New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Low Boy starting to Jam Coins + Wierd Buzz  (Read 833 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Bally Low Boy starting to Jam Coins + Wierd Buzz
« on: September 12, 2022, 05:47:25 PM »
This machine is locked shut...until I get the lock pick kit. The previous owner played it for years with it locked. Anyway, I got it about 3 weeks ago and played it for maybe 3-4 hours total (100's of pulls, probably over 1000 easy). During this whole time it worked perfect. I was playing it as fast as it would go. Dropping a coin right as I pull the handle and as soon as I hear the "knock" sound, pull the handle again while dropping the next coin.

So after working great for 3 weeks, with maybe having to hit the coin return 2-3 times out of 1000+ pulls, it started to basicly hold about 1/3 of the coins I drop in now, till you hit the coin return. They don't make it down to the "Coin Accepted" place, and they don't drop out. You have to hit the coin return a few times hard until they come out. 
About 2/3rd of the coins now drop in normaly. 5 cent machine. Money Honey Special

Problem 2: the machine started Buzzing...kind of like it's a flourecent bulb buzz but it buzzes until I drop a coin in and then the buzzing stops... until you pull the handle, then buzz agian, you have to drop a coin in and have it be accepted to stop the buzz. This is new and started about the same time it was jamming. It's not amazingly loud, but it wasn't there before. I know that 100% for sure.

Any ideas? Anything I can do before I open it? Drop a drop of 3-1 oil down the coin shute? I realize that may be a bad idea, I won't do it.

And maybe what should I do when I do get it open. I love learning these machines, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Theorys on the buzzing too please.

Thanks -Nate

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Low Boy starting to Jam Coins + Wierd Buzz
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »
 It's probably just the coin lookout buzzing.  The metal paddle gets worn on the back and doesn't seat well.  Old school fix was a piece of electrical tape.  For now, I would suggest you deal with it until you open the machine up.

Also, I would suggest slowing down your game play.  Just drop a coin and enjoy.  These games have been out there for over 40 years and don't need to be stress/cheat tested at this point.  Your coins are probably getting caught in the coin mech and/or lockout coin

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 07:39:54 PM »
Awesome. Thank you! I will slow it down. It's just so fun!

Thank you for the help.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 03:30:27 PM »
When you get the door open.
You will see the coin mechanism, behind that is the lockout coil.
This is where the buzz / vibration is coming from.
I always try to make it quiet, using tape as a last resort.
The armature plate and or the spring might be out of alignment.
Sometimes a slight change in armature position will help.

On rare occasions the installation between the coil back
and or wire connection covers could be at fault.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 05:26:07 PM »
Wow, Awesome. Thank you so much for the info and pics! I can't wait to get that door open....and learn more about this machine. Thank you! -Nate 

I will update this thread once I get it open.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal