New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Error Code 41  (Read 1056 times)

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • 65ImpalaSS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S Error Code 41
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:59:08 AM »
Hey Guys,

It's been a while sine I've posted, hope everyone is doing well.  Fired up my S (not +) machine over the weekend and got a 41 error code.  Switched reels 1 and 2 and the code did not follow, stayed code 41.  Anything else to troubleshoot before attempting to find a replacement MPU?  Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Error Code 41
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 10:03:41 AM »
Swapping the reels and having the same error code means the problem is NOT with the reels....the problem is with the harness.
Switch the 1st two harness connectors instead of the reels....you should get an error [42].

Might be a faulty female pin inside the number#1 reel Molex connector.
There's only six in use...check them all.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 10:08:13 AM »
Yeah, that's what I did.  There was enough slack in the harnesses to do so without actually moving the reels.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:49:42 AM »
Luckily it's pretty easy to pull out the 3 reel connectors and the main one off the motherboard.
You can lay it own on the bench and ohm out the six female pins in the 1st  mostly green wired reel Molex connector.
Make sure you have good continuity from pins 1-6 back to the motherboard connector.

If you find that the harness checks out good, then you might have a problem with the 1st reel chip on the MPU.
Gimmie the numbers that are etched onto your MPU and I'll tell you which chips might be needed to be changed out.
There's an NLG member named "Retro tech repair" who may be able to help you get your board repaired too.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 11:27:02 AM »
Ok, I'll put that on the "to-do" list and let you know.  Thanks.

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 01:32:25 PM »
So, I have good connectivity from pins 1-5.  Can't seem to trace the 6th pin (green/brown wire) back to the mother board connector..?

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 01:37:53 PM »
okay...I just pulled mine...there's 9 pins out of 15 being used...not 6
Pin 6 is a green w/brown stripe.
It runs to pin 5 on the middle 2nd reel Molex connector.
It is probably a common ground wire.

You will notice that Pin 6 on the 2nd reel connector runs to the 3rd connector at Pin 5.

Were you able to get the numbers offa your MPU circuit board?
I'd like to look at the reel chips but it depends on which MPU board version you have.
These special chips "hold" your reels in position between games.
They usually look like "butterfly" chips at locations U1, U2, U10, and U11.
There's also a pack of 5 resistors too located at "R1-R5" that have a lot to do with reel errors.
Again, these chip locations I've mentioned above are from a MPU ASSY NO. 7550570 Rev. H
That's why I'm asking you for your MPU version so I can give you the correct chip locations.

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »
Yep, got connectivity on all 9.  I'll pull the MPU and get you those numbers...

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 02:15:11 PM »
What numbers do you need?  I do see a fried chip (U39), which is never good...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:31:12 PM by 65ImpalaSS »

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 03:09:04 PM »

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 06:10:48 AM »
okay...you have the oldest versions of the IGT platforms called the straight "S" slot machine.
I don't know anything about those...sorry.
I thought you had an S+.
Your machine came out before I got into slots.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:16:31 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 06:54:25 AM »
Ok, thanks.  Hopefully someone who knows these S (not +) machines will chime in.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 12:36:04 PM »
Did you check and make sure that nothing is rubbing on the reel when the door is closed?  Sometimes the display or wiring from the interior of the door can rub on it and will set a 41 error.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
Are you sure its a fried chip or just a black mark on it?  if that chip was blown I believe your display would not be able to display anything?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline 65ImpalaSS

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2022, 05:37:15 AM »
Pretty sure nothing was rubbing on the reel. The machine had been running fine for many years before this issue.  Nothing looked questionable when I inspected the reels, especially reel #1.  It seemed isolated to reel #1, as the coded stayed 41 after I swapped reels #1 & #2.

Also, pretty sure the chip is fried.  After I tested the wiring harness for continuity, I removed the board to take a picture of the board number.  Then I hooked everything back up and tried it again.  At that point, the display appeared dim and I smelled acrid smoke.  I turned it off and removed the board.  That's when I saw the fried chip.

Jeff

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 07:40:13 AM »
Did you bend a pin in one of the connectors?
A pin could be shorted out against another one?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal