New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: (New U67 Pics) Trying to Fix Crystal 7's S2000 !!!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
(New U67 Pics) Trying to Fix Crystal 7's S2000 !!!
« on: October 22, 2022, 01:37:23 PM »
3 Reel machine/ 1 payline

This machine worked good for a couple years. Then at some point the display on the right (red displays) stopped coming on. The machine stopped working then as well I assume. Then at some point the display on the left (the Blue display) also started to not come on. This is a friend's machine. He is going to replace the 2032 battey later today. Do you think that Varta battery is dead too? He has had the machine a solid 3 years with no battery changes.

Right now it turns on, with the CPU lights going, but no display whatsoever on the blue or red digital displays. None...ever. 

More info:

If he holds the set button down he can get it to spin the reels slowly and reset the reels, still no blue display (irrelevant?)

Upon startup it does make the loud Beep Beep Beep, like it does when you need a simple 2032 battery change, but there is no display to see (I have gone through a normal battery replacement a few times, the blue display tells you what to do, once the new battery is in)...

Here are pics of his lights

ORANGE
ORANGE
ORANGE
ORANGE
GREEN
OFF (red)

the top 2 orange lights blink until it's fully started, then solid.

also pictures of his boards, no leaking of any batteries.

Thanks guys!   

« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 01:57:19 PM by Dirty Slots »

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Trying to Fix Crystal 7's S2000
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 02:41:06 PM »
Thankfully there's no varta battery on that board.  It wouldn't cause that problem though even if it did.

You don't have a blinking red LED on the MPU, so it appears to be booting.  Does the candle blink?  You need to get at least the VFD (blue) display working so you can see what the machine is telling you.  The VFD controller has probably gone bad and the credit display would probably show "No disp" if it was working.  Try a different VFD controller board and see if that fixes the blue display.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 03:04:33 PM »

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
That's the one you need.  After you get the VFD fixed then you can fix the credit meter LED display.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 11:33:53 PM »
Thank guys! This is great.

I have to drive an hour to visit my friend's machine. Can you tell me what part I may need to fix the Credit Meter Display? I would like to order both so I can get his machine going on the next trip up there.

Do you anticipate I would need to program or reset anything once I get the new boards installed? ....like with a Key chip or something? The 2032 battery will be new too. I have done the battery thing, never reset anything or messed with board chips/clear chips/programming.

I have 5 IGT S2000's. Could I bring his board home and test it on a similar machine (3 reel/ 1 payline) WITHOUT screwing up my machine? Mine are all perfect and work like new. That would save alot of hassle driving back and forth. He could mail me his board ($30 in gas to go there).

Thanks

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: NEED MORE HELP !!!!! Trying to Fix Crystal 7's S2000
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 07:36:06 PM »
Question 1: Is the VDF Board the only part I will need?

Question 2: Do I need a part to fix the right display's once the left diplay is working?

Question 3: Can I work on his machine by popping out the MPU and putting it in one of my S2000's? I have one that is a 3 reel / 1 payline / same displays.

Question 4: Once I replace this VDF board to fix the display, will I need to do a full reset of the machine? Do I need a reset chip?

Question 5: Are there any slot machine dealers that offer over the phone tech support, so I can fix this guys machine in one shot. I will pay $50 an hour.

Online lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 06:50:18 AM »
Looks like U67 (the SENET driver) has a hole blown half through it. The MPU will have to be repaired if that's true. Maybe it's some dirt or something. Get a close up.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 07:59:06 AM »
Good eye lookes. That chip looks blown out to me also.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 01:56:52 PM »
I really appreciate your help.

Here is the  U67 blown up. I had the high res pics on my phone. Yeah, that don't look right.

One last question:

Here is his machine (Crystal 7's) and mine (Triple Stars).

Since he lives an hour away. Can I take his board home with me to repair it? And then test it on my machine?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: (New U67 Pics) Trying to Fix Crystal 7's S2000 !!!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »
That's a yes and no question.
The mother board ( which is where the mpu plugs in)
Communicates with the mpu board)  If a different mpu is installed it will have mismatch errors requiring at minimum a few jackpot key turns or a complete rekey.
This includes your functioning machines. That means if you install a different mpu your machine will not boot  right up when you reinstall your original mpu.
If you are comfortable rekeying a machine then by all means you can test a replacement mpu before you bring it to your friend's house for installation.  But you will have to rekey after the mpu change.
Note: if you install the new mpu and get a Communication error try opening the main door and turning the jackpot key 4 times. After each turn the message on the VFD will change after the fourth turn the VFD should say press the mpu button for three seconds and close the main door. If this works then a rekey should not be required.
As part of your trouble shooting please be sure none of the pins on the mpu board and pins on the door/mpu cards are bent over. That could burn the same chip on your replacement mpu.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 06:58:20 PM »
OK, So scrap the idea of testing the board on my machines. I have not done a rekey before.

I would like to keep things as simple as possible.

Where would someone send this board to get it repaired? If I could get it fixed and just plug it back in with a few jackpot key turns, I don't mind paying.

Would I call New Life Games?

----------------------------

Option 2: If I replace the U67 chip, I may not need the VDF board right? ...I may be able to replace a chip, I can solder pretty good, wires at least (Drones). Or would I likely need both the chip and the board?

Thanks again guys!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 08:29:50 PM »
Item one, something blew out that chip, check for bent pins and check harnesses for chaffing or pinched wires. So you still may want to replace the VFD.

Item two; U67 is a surface mounted chip, replacement is done with a heat gun and skill. I would not gamble on success. Keying is relatively easy and if you own S2000s your going to have to learn it sooner or later.
I would look for a working mpu and possibly have the other repaired as a spare.
You should have a key 45 chip handy.

Online lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 04:21:24 PM »
Qbert is correct on this. Did anyone remove the MPU, an I/O card, or any cable while the power was on? Be honest lol. Any of these can destroy that chip. There are two pins on the long MPU connector that if they are bent over, will destroy that chip. Check the connectors. I have seen this severe damage caused by a bad 7 segment display.  Also, The VFD has nothing to do with this chip.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 05:37:52 AM »
Yes, I think the MPU was pulled with the power on. When I told my friend to never do that, he got a wierd look on his face that told me he had done it in the past. I think I will send it in for repair. I'm not going to try a U67 replacement.

Thank you guys! I will be in touch when I get to the next step.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal