New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S5500 Redemption Pseudo Coin nor Cash will add credits  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Lan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S5500 Redemption Pseudo Coin nor Cash will add credits
« on: November 17, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »
Machine is a "Big Shot" redemption slot. Boots and "insert coin" is blinking.

DV-200 bill accepter with 2.12 firmware
Will not accept coins, nor dollars. When a dollar is inserted, the credit displays flash, and the bill is returned.
Pressing 'pseudo coin' on the MPU does nothing. Pressing the small switch on the coin opto board does nothing.
I've taken the opto board out and cleaned the prism/reflector.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally S5500 Redemption Pseudo Coin nor Cash will add credits
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 06:54:06 PM »
Is the coin mech switch in the up position on the MPU?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 06:58:02 PM »
What's the history? Did it use to work? Bent pins on the MPU edge connector?

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 07:07:51 PM »
Coin mech switch is up. MPU board is in straight with no bent pins

Recent purchase, hasn't worked since I bought it.
Would like to convert it to a coin hopper instead of a ticket payout eventually, but that's another thread.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 08:41:10 AM »
5500 does not have a printer to my knowledge. Remove the MPU and spray WD40 on the edge connector and before to push MPU in FIRMLY as they are tight fitting. Your display shows all zero's which I'm thinking your MPU is not seated fully.

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 09:09:21 AM »
5500 does not have a printer to my knowledge.
It's a ticket redemption game with a dispenser.

Your display shows all zero's which I'm thinking your MPU is not seated fully.
I can go through the test and audits menus and the displays work fine, so I don't think that's it.

I also just tried loading some tickets in the dispenser incase it checked for that, but still no luck.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 10:14:05 AM by Lan »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 11:01:03 AM »
It's modified so not sure . Have you replaced the coin in the comparitor and tried adjusting the sensitivity fully CCW?

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »
The sample coin in the coin comparitor must match whatever coins you're trying to drop thru.
It would be behind that red sticker that says "Slide to ---> Replace"....slide it a little to get the coin that's in there out, and put in a coin similar to what you're using.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 04:04:17 PM »
Can you post a picture of the dipswitches on the MPU?

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 04:58:10 PM »
The sample coin in the coin comparitor must match whatever coins you're trying to drop thru.
It would be behind that red sticker that says "Slide to ---> Replace"....slide it a little to get the coin that's in there out, and put in a coin similar to what you're using.
It's modified so not sure . Have you replaced the coin in the comparitor and tried adjusting the sensitivity fully CCW?

Would an incorrect coin in the comparator cause the bill accepter and 'pseudo coin' to also not work? Yes, it's got a new quarter in it, also tried an old one.
I've tried adjusting the sensitivity. I don't have a spare comparator to test with at this time.

Can you post a picture of the dipswitches on the MPU?

Attached. Dip reads: 11101000

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 08:53:05 AM »
That's modified so I have no idea.

Online a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »
does it show a door open code with the door open?   did you check the battery voltage?  Pseudo coin should work, however on your setup, it could be different.

the machine looks cool. I heard about these mods before, probably from Jim M, sadly he passed.  they were modified to meet legalities.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 11:37:00 AM »
does it show a door open code with the door open?   did you check the battery voltage?  Pseudo coin should work, however on your setup, it could be different.

the machine looks cool. I heard about these mods before, probably from Jim M, sadly he passed.  they were modified to meet legalities.

Thanks,
Wayne

There's a brief siren when the door is opened, but no code. I assume that's due to JW11 being open.

On the top glass it says "Custom manufactured by Extreme Tek LLC for Coast to Coast Entertainment LLC"
I haven't been able to find almost any information on it other than that.

There seems to be a bug in the code to get a predictable jackpot, which probably explains why the first reel button on mine was disabled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmebC3S4MhY&t=150

Online a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 02:04:54 PM »
The reason I asked if it posted the door code, was to see if it shows error codes. Have you checked the battery voltage?  It may not show the 81 code, and there is some sort of error that is preventing it from accepting.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 06:12:34 PM »
The reason I asked if it posted the door code, was to see if it shows error codes. Have you checked the battery voltage?  It may not show the 81 code, and there is some sort of error that is preventing it from accepting.

Good to know. I hadn't checked the battery since I've not gotten an 81 code, but it does appear to be completely dead.
I'll replace it and see what happens.

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 10:25:07 AM »
Changed the battery out for a holder and a 3v battery, but still no luck, or error codes.

I noticed the wires going to the coin comparator were pretty chewed up and no power was present, so I started tracing the wires back and found they led to the coin photo-eye board. While probing around the door connector I noticed that 24v was present on the YE/BL wire, and watched Coin Enable drop from high to low on BR/BL after boot. I also found that if I touched Coin Credit (WH/BK) to ground for a moment, I'd get some credits!

Looking at the photo-eye board schematic it looks like transistor Q3 switches controls power for coin comparator and has no short protection, thus died with the frayed wire.
Replaced Q3 with a PNP transistor I found at Microcenter for $0.20, and I'm accepting coins!

The bill validator still just flashes the display when I feed it a dollar. I've seen that some dip switch options on the standard machines can be enabled control the bill validator, but haven't found a table for switches even for a standard machine yet, much less my apparent secret abomination upon slot machines.

Aside from that, some oddites most likely due to the factory-mod include:
 - The pseudo coin button still has no effect.
 - The test button on the MPU has no effect, the keyswitch on the side loads the test menu when the game is idle.
 - Coin diverter door is physicaly wired to only drop in the bucket. Makes sense for a redemption game with no hopper.
 - 3" hole on the left side of the bottom of the cabinet to feed tickets from.

For curiosity's sake I stuck a S6000 hopper I found in there, and to my amazement it worked.
If there was some way for me to adjust the payouts, it'd be an enjoyable game. Right now nearly every coin in results in at least 7 out.
The only options I can think of if I can't find a software solution are to modify the 0.25 hopper to dispense pennies, or load it up with tokens and sell it off to someone who might enjoy it more like that.

Thanks for help, everyone who tried

Offline Lan

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2022, 05:34:59 PM »
It's proving impossible to find any documentation on this machine. The company who made it seems to have gone out of business.

For posterity's sake I've dumped the U12 and U15 ROMs, and well as the U3 'sound' ROM on the daughter board that goes in place of U51 on the MPU board, which appears to be where the usual AY-3-8910 sound generator goes. The 40 pin chip on that daughter board (U2) is a PIC16F877A-I/P microcontroller. It looks like there's a way to dump the microcode on the PIC, but I haven't done so yet. I assume the daughter board was added to drive the periodic attract music, and voice prompts.

Offline 702collector

• Reputation Power: 4
  • 702collector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2023, 09:36:51 PM »
Any luck on this? I have two slant tops from the same company.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal