New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: hopper continues to run - IGT Poker Players Edge +  (Read 1624 times)

Offline wizeguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wizeguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
hopper continues to run - IGT Poker Players Edge +
« on: November 19, 2022, 06:36:46 PM »
When I last played my IGT Poker PE (I think it is a PE +) it was working fine,  when I turned it on last week I got an error (See attachment) and the hopper continues to run.   I cleaned the sensor and even tried a different hopper, but I still got the error and the other hopper keep running also.

I removed the battery and even replaced it with no luck.   

Is it possible that the red module (see attachment) may be stuck on?   Is there a way to test this module or know where I can find a spec sheet on it and what is it called?   thanks in advance

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: hopper continues to run - IGT Poker Players Edge +
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 09:51:55 PM »
The images are compressed a little too much. Can you type out what it says?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 09:56:58 PM »
The images are compressed a little too much. Can you type out what it says?

The messages on the screen are: DOOR OPEN  RESTART  EXTRA COIN OUT

wizeguy: you have a Player's Edge (non-plus). The red box is a solid state relay, and yes, it's certainly possible that it has gone bad and is stuck in a state where the hopper is constantly getting power.  There is likely some printing on it with a model number or some other kind of identification to help you find a replacement. Take LOTS of pictures of the wiring connections to it before unplugging anything, and ideally swap one wire at a time when putting in a replacement to avoid any issues.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline wizeguy

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 06:33:34 AM »
I replaced the relay and that didn't make any difference,  I assume it is a board issue?   thanks Kevin

Offline wizeguy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:01 PM »
11/29/22 Update:

I remove the battery and left it out all day,  When I reinstalled the battery I got the expected  "Memory Error"  so I rebooted and the "Memory error" and the "DOOR OPEN  RESTART  EXTRA COIN OUT" were both gone and it let me insert coins and play "But the hopper was still running"

I turned it off again and the "DOOR OPEN  RESTART  EXTRA COIN OUT" error returned. 

The hopper starts running as soon as the game is turned on.   

Offline jimh305

• Reputation Power: 0
  • jimh305 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 08:36:05 PM »
I had hopper running continuously. The machine was trying to pay a win, I had to let it feed out about 1000 quarters to clear it. I tried jackpot reset but didn't work. I may not understand what that does.Other issues now.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal