New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S6000 board testing  (Read 2451 times)

Offline t28c34

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • t28c34 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S6000 board testing
« on: November 27, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »
Is there anyone around north central Illinois that can bring a Bally S6000 board to hand have tested? Winter is coming on, time to start tinkering with this machine again. In the past I have had problems with it in the past with 88 codes. Would replace the battery and it would work for a while then back to problems with 88. I put in a new board with leave in chips and new battery from a reliable source. Work really good for a while, then the same thing all over again. I have a new battery on order to try that. I'm wondering if there could be something corrupt with the game chips that are causing problems? Is there anyone near me that would be able to help out?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally S6000 board testing
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »
Sounds like a bad power supply DC module PT65-B
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 05:16:48 PM »
Where about is that at and what should it test out at?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 07:53:51 PM »
Where about is that at and what should it test out at?
see the attached, the power supply box is on the back wall behind the hopper.
Unplug the large connector on the left and use a meter to check +12, +5, and -12 voltages using the single ground.
Don't bother with any other voltages.
The module that produces those 3 voltages is inside the metal box. It is a PT65B made by Meanwell and can be purchased from Jameco or Mouser Electronics.

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 10:03:21 PM »
Tested the power supply, all voltages are there as listed. My battery is at 3.61volts. When i run a reset, Ill get either all 8s or 88, or 88FF. sometimes it is off the wall that i get like 8..8  8888. What could cause suck a failure?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 07:35:09 AM »
88FF is a battery connection issue possibly. When you see several 8's on the display, the board is not fully seated. The boards are tight fitting. They need a firm push to fully seat to the backplane. You can spray WD40 on the board's edge connector to make it connect much easier.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 08:03:16 AM »
there are also voltage test points on the lower left side of the motherboard. you should be able to see them, they are colorful.
 be sure to check your main board for bent pins at the rear connector also.
you can also lift out your saferam chips , very carefully of course, then reseat them. Condensation can affect their connection to the socket.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 08:48:59 AM »
Tim,
I'm seating the board in really good, but still getting the 8s. I re checked the power supply again and getting good readings on all the points. when you mentioned Wd-40, did you mean right on the pins or on the sides of the tray where it slides in?

Wayne,
I always check for bent pins and they are all good. Where is the test points you were talking about? Here is my board
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 08:13:20 PM by t28c34 »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 08:58:09 AM »
After a clear procedure and turning the game off you must turn DIP switch 8 back to the off position before turning the board back on.

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 11:00:57 AM »
Yep, just like it says, machine off and turn 8 back off, hold the door open and wait for the bumping. Nothing. just the 8s

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 05:18:01 PM »
Spray lube onto the pins. It will seat much easier and properly.  The mains are not labeled leave in clear mains? Are they? If they are not leave in clear mains, using switch 8 will not perform the clear. Or do you have to use the removeable clear chips for the mains that are in there? Have you seen CLC on the display when performing the clear?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 06:49:49 PM »
U30 and U45 maybe the culprits if all else is found to be good.

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »
I bought the board from Jim from Midwest slots. I don't remember if those are my U30 and U45 or leave ins from him. I do have some reset chips I think I'll put in and see if that does it
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:44:48 AM by t28c34 »

Offline robbacart

• Reputation Power: 0
  • robbacart New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 07:26:19 PM »
I have found a lot of problems with leave in clear chips. Removed mine and put in standard clears and no more problems.

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 07:37:43 PM »
Ok I just tried the original clear chips I have and still get the 8s all the way across. But also, the buttons are blinking it two short bursts. I remember reading something about that. But after re trying several more times, the blinking stopped and no buttons light up. What do I try next? New chips all together?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 08:10:14 PM »

Wayne,
Where is the test pints you were talking about? Here is my board

The test points are on the backplane board. The backplane is attached to the back wall of the machine, it's the board that your main board, in your picture, connects to when pushed in. 

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 08:38:17 PM »
Thanks Wayne,
At the text points I get Red 4.98, Black 12.15, Green 12.09, Yellow 21.9. and blue 7.6 vac

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »
U30 and U45 maybe the culprits if all else is found to be good.
Sunrise Side,
When you mentioned that, I was thinking the leave in clear chips not U30 and U45. I swapped out the U30 and U45 chips out of my original board. and kept my set of Bally clear chips in and still get the 8s and the buttons blinking twice. Could it be two sets of bad U30 and U45 chips?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 06:16:42 PM »
Only a small chance. You changed the mains? Both boards have the same issue? So is it the chips that were transferred from the old board to the new board?  Try this, leave the MPU out of the machine and turn the power on, what's on the display?

Offline t28c34

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2022, 06:33:48 PM »
When i got the new board, it came with the new mains. I just had to put in my game chips. after a while it started to develop the issues. I just tried it with the board out. It The florescent lights light up and the bally game all rights reserved plays

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal