**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

Upgrading OS

(1/1)

wilm245:
I have 2 G23's, one of them is a Game King with Roulette, show boots, and it has the QNX6.5-0009A OS which I believe is the newest OS version for the G23 AVP.  The other machine just has slot games, show boots, "Winners Choice" logo on the top screen although someone told me it wasn't really a Winners Choice machine, and it has the QNX6.5-0003 OS.  A few months ago I was installing some new game packages on the Winners Choice machine when I encountered a Green Screen "Recoverable Error".  I can't even remember what the error specifically said but I believe I caused it because I was trying to load too many packages on at the same time.  Well the green screen recoverable error didn't turn out to be recoverable, at least not for me.  I got stuck in a loop of turning the reset key to clear and it would restart and take me back to the same recoverable error screen.   At that point I decided that I should probably just wipe the entire hard drive and start fresh with the newest OS since that machine has the QNX6.5-0003.  So I got the QNX6.5-0009A OS package along with a few games loaded onto a flash drive and attempted to install them on the machine and the machine acted as if it was installing normally but then I got a screen that said "Configuration Verification Required" "Out of Service" "NO GAME ENABLED".  I was unable to do anything from that point and I had no other choice than to wipe the hard drive again.  From there I reinstalled the older QNX6.5-0003 OS system along with some game packages and everything went smoothly.  I didn't encounter any issues.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what might have been the problem with installing the newer OS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version