New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: accidentally got a Konomi slot into the shop for repair  (Read 6604 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Re: accidentally got a Konomi slot into the shop for repair
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 03:23:38 AM »
I borrowed a clear key and cleared the game then followed the setup procedures, mostly default settings, and got it up and running.
Case solved but I would like to own my own master clear key some day in case another one shows up.

I just stumbled on this discussion, that " clear key" is a dallas ibutton , 2 pin eprom, same as they use in megatouch units for a software security key and touchtunes jukeboxes, problem with these is they have an internal battery in them and are very deeply encoded most times, so that introduces 2 problems

1. nearly impossible to copy
2. when internal batt dies after 8-10-??? years, its dead and when the game is no longer supported and none that are still alive can be found any more the game is a big anchor

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 06:29:52 AM »
Yep, that was my conclusion, what a stupid game design.
I looked into finding a security company that produces programmers for the keys but was told my company was to small to participate.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »
I borrowed a clear key and cleared the game then followed the setup procedures, mostly default settings, and got it up and running.
Case solved but I would like to own my own master clear key some day in case another one shows up.

I just stumbled on this discussion, that " clear key" is a dallas ibutton , 2 pin eprom, same as they use in megatouch units for a software security key and touchtunes jukeboxes, problem with these is they have an internal battery in them and are very deeply encoded most times, so that introduces 2 problems

1. nearly impossible to copy
2. when internal batt dies after 8-10-??? years, its dead and when the game is no longer supported and none that are still alive can be found any more the game is a big anchor

Would there be any way to cut or carefully pry that can apart and replace the internal battery?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »
Then you would have to find a way to re-program it.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 04:43:06 PM »
Some pretty slick guys in the amusement world have out extensive time into this, because when one dies in a Megatouch it will no longer boot, do some research on “ibutton cloning”  the tools and software are out there and not expensive, however they came with a few levels of security on them. What is used in slots I would say is pretty serious, but maybe not who knows, to clone one you’d need to know the security password which is usually encrypted very heavily, at least for megatouches because it’s the liscense for the software, in this case it may be different. In the amusement world guys have worked around the source code in the software to boot and run without having the key in. With Megatouch out of business now it’s not a very big concern, but they still advise to only do it if you do legally hold a key that’s dead. It’s for “backup” to save legally owned sw.
That’s the level of my experience with them. I have ran into the issues of them being dead on megas and wanted to make backups and those are the hurdles I found doing research. It’s a horrible design for the long term, but in the short term, ibuttons are dirt cheap and easy to use, no chance of bent or broken pins ect. Game manufacturers don’t expect these games to still be in service or still being serviced 15-20 years down the road so they serve their purpose for the time needed. Anyone interested in discussing this further feel free to PM me

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 04:47:41 PM »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »

Could you could clip another power source in parallel with the battery, replace it, then remove the temporary source thus never losing power?
I did this years ago with my (now gone) Mercedes 190e so I wouldn't lose the power to the stereo and have to add that stupid code in!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2019, 05:01:17 PM »

Could you could clip another power source in parallel with the battery, replace it, then remove the temporary source thus never losing power?
I did this years ago with my (now gone) Mercedes 190e so I wouldn't lose the power to the stereo and have to add that stupid code in!

I may have one here I can donate to science if someone wants to see the insides

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2020, 11:43:36 PM »
I would like to see the insides.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2021, 04:28:13 PM »
First time I ever read this post....it's a bloody horror story!! :talktothehand:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Offline gameking6

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • gameking6 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »

As I was reading this thread I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone know the answer.

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 06:00:05 PM »
Sounds a lot like the suicide chips used in several arcade games - the Dallas DS5002FP being one of the more infamous ones. If these are becoming scarce and people would like to turn a boat anchor back into a working machine, consider donating some of these things to MAME for decapping before they all die out, likewise with the copy protected VLC chips (e.g. Winning Touch/87xx/88xx boards). Note that it will be risky at first as the chips first have to be identified, and the chips will be physically destroyed in the process, but the end result after a successful dump is being able to replicate the data endlessly without fear of the thing performing harakiri.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal