New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bellco Golden Bell skill stop  (Read 8676 times)

Offline CHOP CHOP

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CHOP CHOP New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bellco Golden Bell skill stop
« on: February 17, 2015, 01:58:11 PM »
i have recently purchased this machine the unit works great and there is only one issue and that is that the hopper will not pay out, and the hopper motor seems to be bad,it will spin under a no load situation but if i just pinch the spiral gear in between my fingers it will stop. i have been in contact with the original manufacturer ( Asahi Seiko USA) of this hopper and they are 3-4 months out on a replacement motor....anyone out there have sugggestion on where i can get on quicker??? 

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • chuck300x11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bellco Golden Bell skill stop
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
You can try pachislodb.com. It is a website dedicated to the skill stop machines. Someone there might have what you are looking for.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
check on ebay  theres a guy on there with jap  slot parts  and has hoppers for like 25 bucks you just need to get one  from same  maker

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »
bought a brand new entire hopper for $17.00 plus $15.00 shipping.....thanks

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
this has got me scratching my head once again......tried the new hopper still jams up.....apparently the hopper is spinning in the wrong direction, it is spinning counter clockwise and needs to rotate in the other direction, tried the old one and and it is doing the same thing. i have tried to switch the wires on the dc motor to reverse the direction and its a no go while hooked up to the machine, still spins the wrong direction... but when i switch polarity using my digital dc power supply it does reverse the direction of travel????

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:35:55 AM »
you might have a board bad  in game

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
Oops, we are mixing limes and kumquats and kiwifruit. Because American machines use AC to drive hoppers, they can use cheap, reliable shaded-pole motors: no brushes to wear out, but better yet they run at a specific speed and only in one direction.

Pachislo machines use DC drive: dc motors run at the fastest speed they can manage against the physical resistance encountered; and can run either direction depending on hookup. The only way to control this is by “servo control,” wherein the driving electronic circuitry can realtime sense the direction and/or speed the motor is going, and adjust the power being sent to it accordingly.  Most servo systems deliver power to the motor in pulses, in order to control speed and direction. Sensor systems vary: some just read the feedback pulses of the two brush wires, some have additional sensors, etc.

This is (90% probably) why your motor runs in the same direction regardless of how the 2 wires are switched: a servo circuit is reading & controlling it. When you drive the motor directly with your power supply, there is no control circuit, so the motor simply runs in the direction appropriate to how the + & – wires are connected.

So as BuyBestSlots said, you may have a bad board.

But before you rip out boards, let’s verify something:

You first indicated the motor seemed to have insufficient power,
       but now it looks like it’s going in the wrong direction.
       Please verify: when you run it the “other” way with your power supply, does it spit out coins?

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
my initial issues were wrong....my 24 volt transformer was not putting out the correct voltage as thought and with the correct voltage it it works perfectly....the old power supply is now in the trash. and i bought a  dc supply off eBay and it works marvelously !! (http://www.ebay.com/itm/131179224846?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT )

apparently it was spinning the motor counter clockwise and jamming up the coins and causing the hopper error. when i reverse the polarity of the connections on the motor it turns in the desired direction and shoots out coins (wonderful sound  :dancing_2: ) i have attached a few more pictures for review, the small board is the one located inside the white plastic enclosure at the bottom on the hopper, the other board is the main board showing hopper connections......if you need anything else to help diagnose this let me know .....

thanks!!!!!

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
OK, if I am reading you right, everything about your machine works fine, except that the hopper runs backward.
My inclination is to believe there is no fault on the boards: I cannot imagine a fried component/cut trace type scenario in a servo motor circuit that could make it run in reverse with no other issues.

I have very little knowledge of Pachislo machines, but here are my three suggestions, in order:

1. As I understand it some of them have a "hopper reverse" switch, which may be an actual switch on the hopper itself, or one of the switches on the inside control panel, or perhaps even a DIPswitch on a PCB. I do not know if the reason was to accommodate hoppers or motors of different manufacturers, or as an aid to clearing a jam, like the reverse switch on a paper shredder. Attached is a manual page showing the button on one specific machine. Look for something similar somewhere on your hopper or in your machine.

2. If this is the way you got the machine, it may be you have the wrong hopper (ie, wrong direction) installed; and if you bought a replacement by the hopper P# (rather than machine make/model) you may have just duplicated the problem. A repair/parts manual for your machine could clear it all up, if you have one.

3. Contact Stealth Home Amusement: they are the largest seller of Pachislo machines, parts, manuals, etc, and have an excellent reputation for owner assistance. If they are stumped... :hissyfit:

Good luck!

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 02:08:36 PM »
reversed the mount of the motor 180 degrees and it is now spinning properly....no clue why????

it spits out a couple of coins then shows a HJ, have to pull hopper plug and press the reset button and plug it back in to make it spit a few more out, this cycle repeats until all coins are paid....the coin adjustment is set large enough not to be causing this......is there something i need to oil up or spray a little silicone spray somewhere???

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »
look  for dirt  in u shaped  eye  where coin go thur on top of hopper  is the count right?

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 02:30:37 PM »
coin count out is WAY OFF.....

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 03:42:15 PM »
where coins come out there should be a eye or a micro switch that counts coin thur comp board if not counting  you get a hopper error and a shut down  you using tokens?

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
i have relocated the "eye" back into its proper place after inspecting and cleaning. the machine will take either quarters or tokens i am using tokens as of right now. will there be a difference in the output reading either tokens or quarters?? and will the hopper act different using quarters as opposed to tokens??? i believe when i unplug and plug back in it is resetting the count and therefore the error in output??? i am available by cell if anyone want to help out over the phone.....325-330-2101

thanks,
Bill

Offline CHOP CHOP

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »
****UPDATE****

i still have a few hairs left, and still have the same issue.........i have tried to look at this from a logical standpoint and inspect each and every step in the entire pay out procedure and it has come down to this.......
mother board was thoroughly inspected and all appeared to be good there... :cool_thumb_up:
secondary board located on the hopper was goodthoroughly inspected and all appeared to be good there as well...... :cool_thumb_up:
i went through and tested all of the wire leads on the hopper of the machine and all checked out good..... :Scratch-Head:

the hopper will spin and shoot out coins when a payout is required but only a few then i get HE in the window, if i disconnect the Kodenshi R50 IR sensor and push the reset button it will spit multiple coins out but when i plug it back in with the hopper discharging it immediately sends another HE code.
whats the chances that the the eye could be bad? ??? :Scratch-Head:
link to spec sheet download for IR sensor..... http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/datasheet/597/PS-R50L-pdf.php
anyone know of a supplier for them??

i am also looking for some weird obsolete bulbs as well for another machine....these will come as one unit....holder and bulb as the bulb wires are twisted up around the base and impossible to remove from base with out detaching the wires as you can see from my pics....lol......and stealth does not carry the bulbs but he is currently trying to locate them for me.....

thanks,
Bill

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal