New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS DOT “WINNING STREAK” Wiring  (Read 1309 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
WMS DOT “WINNING STREAK” Wiring
« on: March 10, 2022, 09:00:57 AM »
The deck buttons, LED display and all other lights are dead on the front door of my machine. It was working great until quarter’s jammed up in the hopper on cash out and one quarter popped out and shorted across terminals of connector J4 on hopper board.  Now the hopper continuously runs and everything else is dead. I checked Voltages at backplane and they are all there. I’m in need of some Suggestions from any & all. Maybe dumpster!!!
My only other thought is I’m getting Voltages due to the fact that the only load the power supply is under now is the MPU board. While I seek for answers from Anyone I will load down the power supply and double check those voltages again.

Offline dragster73

• My Slot Collection
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • dragster73 New User has no influence.
  • JGC
    • Gameroom Service Collection
Re: WMS DOT “WINNING STREAK” Wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 09:08:15 AM »
Your button lights are controlled by the CPU and controlled through the I/O board. Until you get the CPU to boot properly nothing else is going to work properly. It' probably time to get the CPU and I/O tested to see if either are damaged.
WMS "BB1 Pick Your Fortune"
WMS "BB1 Jackpot Party"
WMS "Match Game" CPU-NXT.
WMS "Gold Fish 2" Transmissive
WMS "BB3 Willy Wonka"
WMS "BB2 Lord Of The Rings"
WMS "BB2 Winning Bid 2"
IGT Vision "Red White And Blue"
IGT Vision "Pink Panther"
IGT I-Game "Munster"

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 12:54:01 PM »
Thank You So much, because I’m going nuts, that makes sense now. I have another board that looks the same as the one on the top with the leds. It’s out of another WMS machine (poker). Any thoughts on where to search for the other board?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 12:56:42 PM »
Or is there anyone who tests these boards? Is it cheaper to just go buy them?

Offline dragster73

• My Slot Collection
  • JGC
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »
You could plug the other CPU in and see if you hear any sound bong or if the display comes up with an error code. To get it to work correctly you would have to have a Clear chip. I have plenty of Spare CPU board but I do not have ant extra I/O boards.

I still have a Stampede game that works too.
WMS "BB1 Jackpot Party"
WMS "BB3 Willy Wonka"
WMS "BB2 Winning Bid 2"
IGT I-Game "Munster"

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 07:30:06 AM »
Alrighty Dragster73, I took the other boards that I had and I’m getting back on the right track. Even though these were for WMS Video machine, they still helped me considerably. I put a different I/O board in it (actually printed (VIDEO I/O BOARD). It fired up everything and I have a error. I figured I’d get some type of error, but so happy That I have a display now, hopper stopped running continuously, candle is flashing. So what I could use some help on is finding a correct I/O board to finish this machine. Unless there is specific chip(s), that could be replaced to repair this one? I already have the .25 denomination clear chip for doing some programming if needed. Any suggestions where I might pick one of these up. The picture hopefully will help in the search. Thank You again so Much for Your Fantastic guidance on this project.

Offline dragster73

• My Slot Collection
  • JGC
WMS "BB1 Jackpot Party"
WMS "BB3 Willy Wonka"
WMS "BB2 Winning Bid 2"
IGT I-Game "Munster"

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 09:53:00 AM »
THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I just ordered it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal