New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: more Game Maker issues,..  (Read 5331 times)

Offline moementum

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • moementum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
more Game Maker issues,..
« on: November 29, 2021, 03:34:37 PM »
I recently acquired a Bally Alpha Game Maker V20/20 from an estate sale. It powers up, fans come on, lights illuminate, but thats about it. The top screen briefly displays "no signal" then goes to sleep, and the bottom/main screen just has the "no sync" message with the red, green, blue & white test bars floating about the screen. upon start up, the MPU/CPU emits a long beep followed by 2 short beeps. green LEDs everywhere. Ideas? PLEASE.....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:36:58 PM by moementum »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: more Game Maker issues,..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 04:01:58 PM »
I would look inside the machine and inspect each and every connector, including making sure the MPU is seated ALL the way in.
Check around the bottom for loose change (unless it never took coins) that may have lodged in places where it can create an unwanted short circuit.
Post a photo of your machine please.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 04:22:08 PM »
Here's some pics... Was there something in particular you needed to see?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 04:34:12 PM »
I'm just trying to rule out things like connections. I've actually never worked on an AVP Alpha but hoping I can jump start this thread with some of the basics.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:21:21 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
It's a Bally alpha not avp.  I see a touch screen connector that is not plugged into brainbox.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 06:25:04 PM »
the other end is connected to the top screen. i was curious about it too, but was told it didn't matter. plus, I didn't see a place to plug it in....

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 06:42:51 PM »
Try reseating your video card. 

The upper touchscreen is not used, I'm surprised to see it cabled for one. 

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 12:05:00 PM »
I pulled what I assume was the video card, the one the 2 screens plug into. No visible damage. inspected and reinstalled/seated. no change.

If it turns out to be a CPU issue, would this be something that SPIN can repair with their $95 flat rate?

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 12:50:58 PM »
One long beep followed by two short beeps indicates a video problem on a lot of computers, so it was worth a shot.  Try removing it completely and hooking one of the monitors to the integrated video port and see if it will try to boot that way. 

I heard Spin is no longer repairing boards, but you can give them a call and ask.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM »
I hope they are.... Just sent in a S2000 1270...arrived yesterday. The info and forms are still up on their site.

Is there an alternate plug in the CPU to connect a monitor?

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 01:33:04 PM »
Good to know. 

Yes, there's a VGA connector on the MPU by the USB plugs.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
good news... Unplugged the screens from the Video/graphics card and plugged them in alternately into the single VGA plug on the front of the CPU. They both work!! THANKS TILT!! So, best case scenario, I dont need a new a new CPU. It went through the boot up process and loaded all the games. It settles on a screen that says "Call attendant Primary Touch Screen Device Error" Does this mean, at a minimum, Ill need a new graphics/video card? The CPU "appears" to do what its supposed to....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:53:17 PM by moementum »

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 02:57:45 PM »
Good deal! Yes, look for a new video card for it and you should be in business.

Make sure the lower monitor touchscreen serial cable is plugged into the front of the CPU.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 03:33:01 PM »
OK plugged the lower touchscreen cable back in, and the error message disappeared. Now it just says "Call Attendant"

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 03:54:47 PM »
They take several minutes to completely boot up.  Give it some time.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 05:01:14 PM »
Jacked around with settings and it appears everything works. Will have to clear it as I didn't enable the BV or Tito etc. but it looks good. Anyone know who might have a working Alpha V20/20 video card or whatever it's called...

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 07:11:53 PM »
I may have one. I'll look around in my spare parts tomorrow evening and see.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 10:23:19 AM »
That would be awesome. Let me know if you need any info from me, model #, part #. if you do come across one let me know the $....

I hope its that simple....

Now to find a PDF of the Alpha Game Platform Setup and Operation chapter of the S9000 Operators Instruction Manual....

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 12:58:01 PM »
UPDATE on the Spin repairs. They no longer repair boards. Just got a call saying how sorry they were. Told them the instructions and printable forms are still up on their site. They will be removing it shortly. Well poop!! 💩
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:14:39 PM by moementum »

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
Yeah, that's a bummer.  Thanks for the confirmation though. 

Here's the video card I have, I bought it new for a spare never used it.  If it's what you need, how about $50 shipped priority mail (assuming a lower 48 shipping address)?

PM if interested.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal