New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Was my 1008-9 produced with different payback %s?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Simple Sam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Was my 1008-9 produced with different payback %s?
« on: April 08, 2022, 09:54:35 AM »
I have a question about my 1008-9 from the Mint Hotel.  When I look at the Bally production records here: http://bingo.cdyn.com/.../bally%20slot%20models/1008_01.png I see that there are what appears to be three different models purchased by the Mint differing only by the first reel's tape and index wheel.  I'm assuming that this is so they can have machines with three different payback %.  Is that true?  Is there any way (other than manually calculating) to tell the payback % such as other Bally records?  Here's the info with the tapes being circled in red and the index wheels circled in green.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Was my 1008-9 produced with different payback %s?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 05:42:50 PM »
you're right ... multiple payback percentage machines that may have been different coin denominations even though that document doesn't show different glass.

while I have reel tape definitions so it's possible to calculate the hit percentage for combinations, I don't have the machine pay tables so a correct schematic would be needed to calculate the actual machine payback percentage - or a correct glass.

you can find tape definitions in the 1008-3 directory on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ except the m-222-460 tape.  The difference on that one is it has:
PL - 5
BE - 1
BA - 1

for example,  the 385 tape had
PL - 1
BE - 3
BA - 3

both had:
CH - 3
OR - 11

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 10:23:00 AM »
you're right ... multiple payback percentage machines that may have been different coin denominations even though that document doesn't show different glass.

while I have reel tape definitions so it's possible to calculate the hit percentage for combinations, I don't have the machine pay tables so a correct schematic would be needed to calculate the actual machine payback percentage - or a correct glass.

you can find tape definitions in the 1008-3 directory on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ except the m-222-460 tape.  The difference on that one is it has:
PL - 5
BE - 1
BA - 1

for example,  the 385 tape had
PL - 1
BE - 3
BA - 3

both had:
CH - 3
OR - 11

That's just what I was looking for.  I have looked at your website before but didn't realize what all that info was.  I plotted out the tapes and backed into the -460 tape by looking at the corresponding index wheel.  The only difference is the number of plums versus number of bars.  There are 3,4,5 plums respectively for the 385, 401, and 460 and a corresponding 3,2,1 bars.  The feature glass is the same for all machines so the award for each winning combination is the same.  Since the bars have higher value awards, the overall payback % should go up as you switch from plums to bars at the expense of hit frequency.  Without going through the math, I suspect that the highest payback % (the 385) would only beat the lowest payback % (the 460) by a few percent.

On a related note, I have an 831 "1767 ways" that isn't 1767 ways but is 1575 ways.  I think the reel tapes/index wheels were changed to remove one of the bars.  Now that I understand what info is available, I can verify if it was changed.

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »
I found the even more definitive answer in the Bally EM par sheet section.  My machine (385) has a payback % of 86.3%, the 401 is 82.9% and the 460 is 79.5%.  I really need to spend more time poking around to see what info is in there!

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 11:08:19 AM »
the par sheets are for specific models, so the 1008 part sheet does not necessarily apply to the 1008-9 as the pay table may be different.

even when the payout disc is the same, it's possible different traces were connected to change the payouts.  If the glass and payout disc is the same tho, you've got a good chance the numbers are the same.  if you're really lucky, the blueprint for the payout disc will note model wiring changes.

a couple people have done nice spreadsheets where you plug in the symbol frequency and pay table and the percentage is calculated for you.  They should be posted on the NLG topics.

one of them is also on the bingo.cdyn.com web site in the payback percentage calc folder.

if anyone is wondering what par sheets are, look in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_info for a pdf of some.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal