New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine ID & missing parts estimate  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Machine ID & missing parts estimate
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2022, 06:29:30 PM »
They are lit amber because there's no signal to the monitor.

Need to replace the inoperative fan though and that's not a lot of fun since the monitor has to be removed from the door frame and the back cover removed to get at it.

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 06:48:01 PM »
Yes, great job! The two orange lights on the back of the MLD when powered on are concerning. Hopefully I wrong.

Thanks,  seems like a solid deal.

Just checked-  the MLD has two green lights For a few minutes,  seems like it’s trying to connect.  Goes to red and amber after 3 or 4 minutes when  screen stops saying “no sync” and goes black.

Top motor works as well.

Would it be practical to test the MLD with a normal
PC?

Also,   What is the best replacement for the fans?

Online RodneyK

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • RodneyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2022, 07:03:23 PM »
Good to hear that they are green for awhile. And thanks Tilt for clarifying.

Someone will answer on testing with PC, I do not know for sure.

I’ve seen that current brand of fan in there used often.

If it was me I would replace all four fans since it is going to be a job to get it out of the frame, etc. I’d hate to do all that work and in a week one of the other fans starts going out. My two cents. They aren’t expensive.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2022, 07:21:03 PM »
You can hook up a PC to the monitor if you want to, but when I did that I only had video displayed on the outer LCD panel.  I'm not sure how to test the inner panel with a PC.  Maybe someone else knows how that can be done.

I looked at my go to parts houses (digikey/mouser electronics) and they are out of stock on the fans with a long lead time.  I found a seller on Ebay who has them, here's a link to the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254984143629

I agree with Rodney, if you need to replace one you might as well replace them all for the reason he stated. 

Online RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 07:40:14 PM »
Here is a fan option:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/monitors/10-EFB0612H0

You can test the outer panel with a PC as Tilt said and then swap the LVDS cables so the inner panel is now the outer panel and retest. But that requires getting the back cover off the monitor. Only way I know of…

Use this method to troubleshoot if panel or AD board has an issue also.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2022, 04:56:56 PM »
Ordered the fans.

What are the differences in the mpu?  Does it usually have a hard drive included?

Since I plan to keep it,  probably better going with one that will be useful for a good while.

Thinking it would be an upgrade from the single screen game king I have.   The sound on it is terrible,  just the two small top speakers.  I have the old 044 superstar poker loaded on it.  The slot games are pretty sad.

Would the g23 game king package be decidedly better?

Also- the existing buttons all light up around the edges briefly, and a button screen displays the version number, before saying no connection.

Does this mean that they are all functional?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2022, 05:58:08 PM »
Rick Hunter did a good job of explaining the MPU differences in this post.  They're also called a "brain box".

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16846.msg89831#msg89831

It should come with a hard drive.  If it has a spinning platter drive I'd upgrade it to a SSD.  They're faster.  I'd look for a 660, it was the latest and greatest for the AVP and will probably already have 4GB of RAM and a SSD drive installed.  You'll want "show" bios chips.  They allow games to operate without needing a license dongle. 

As far as Game King software goes I wasn't impressed.  The GK software package eats up a lot of your NVRAM just installing it.  There are no 3D games just like on the 960 machines.  I keep my poker games on the old Game Kings and use the AVP for 3D games to get the most out of the MLD monitor. 

You won't know for sure until you get a MPU installed, but that's a good sign that they are probably good.

Online RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2022, 06:27:21 PM »
Tilt beat me to posting. I’ll just leave this here anyway. He makes good points.

The buttons behaving as you have stated is a very good sign. It seems they are all good.

As far as games and hard drive (SSD) I’d get with RB. You may need boot chips, he has those also. I’d say most CPUs come with a hard drive. I’d upgrade to an SSD if it doesn’t have one.

Personally GK8.3R with a couple other multiple hand VP games and a mix of slots added really covers everything.

Different CPUs:
Found this in a RickHunter post:
620 box has a 2Ghz processor, power supply on top of box.
621 box has a 2.1Ghz processor, power supply on top of box.
625 box has a 2.1Ghz processor, power supply inside the box.
660 box has a 2.1Ghz processor, power supply inside the box, also has ATI e4690 video card installed.

Previous to the above are 3.0 and the 3.0M I believe. Not sure on specs on those.

Since this is a keeper for you the 660 is probably best. 4gb of ram since it’s cheap doesn’t hurt either.

Online RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2022, 03:40:35 PM »
If you get a chance shot and post a picture of the buttons with the timeout screen up. Depending on brightness I may have one that matches close to the others that I can sell you for the missing one if still needed.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2022, 05:56:02 AM »
If you get a chance shot and post a picture of the buttons with the timeout screen up. Depending on brightness I may have one that matches close to the others that I can sell you for the missing one if still needed.

Will do, thanks.

Looking at some brain boxes at Spin and a few other sites..   I don’t see any mention of the “show” bios.

$375 for the 3.0 older style, and $500 for a newer version
With the video card

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2022, 08:14:59 AM »
They probably will not have have a show BIOS coming from Spin inc.  I'd be shocked it they did.  You can buy a set of show bios separately and install them or have yours reprogrammed.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2022, 05:51:57 PM »
This is what my button deck looks like when lit.

Online RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2022, 06:19:45 PM »
Ah, looks like edges are good. Each button/screen should have the timeout message on it. So, probably looking at several buttons with burnt out screens. Welcome to the not so wonderful world of IGT Edge Lit Dynamic Buttons. See what happens when machine boots. Good news is they should/will work as buttons with burnt out screens. You could post a WTB for the one missing. Finding a dead screen one to complete the panel should be fairly easy and inexpensive. Replacing the whole set, not so much.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2022, 05:28:02 AM »
What is the best way to access the MLD fans for replacement?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2022, 07:19:56 AM »

Remove the screws on the cover.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2022, 08:06:43 AM »

Remove the screws on the cover.

You have obviously never done it  :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2022, 10:04:45 AM »

The entire monitor and bezel has to be removed from the door frame, then disassembled on a bench or table.  Put down a towel or something so you don't scratch the touchscreen.

Disconnect all the wiring from the monitor, financial panel, bill validator entry panel, and tuck back inside the machine.

Remove 12 7/32" nuts from around the player tracking panel, financial panel, and bill validator panel.  You'll have to remove the door roller assembly too to get at one of them. 

Remove the 4 phillips head screws attaching the monitor to the door frame.  There's one at the top and bottom of the left and right side of the monitor. 

Now remove the monitor from the door frame.  Be careful, it's pretty heavy and you don't want to drop it.  If you have someone available have them help you.  Holding the door frame in place so it doesn't want to swing as you're trying to remove the monitor from it would be helpful. 

Set the monitor on the table face side down. 

Remove the 4 screws holding the black bezel to the monitor frame.  Remove the frame and set it aside.

Remove the monitor mounting brackets from the left and right side of the monitor

Now remove 12 philips screws holding the back cover.  There's two small beveled phillips screws on the left and right sides and eight pan head phillips screws on the back.

Now you can remove the back cover and get at the fans. 

Do the opposite to re-assemble.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2022, 10:44:57 AM »
 :agreepost:  Don't put the frame back on upside down like I did.  :no: :banghead:

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2022, 03:27:20 PM »
I did something monumentally stupid while pulling apart the MLD housing-   Broke the outer touchscreen FFC ribbon cable.  It is definitely ruined.

I guess the best thing now is to just part out whatever is good in this machine.  Seems like too much expense involved in replacing it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal