New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 left speaker  (Read 1835 times)

Offline sg 777

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sg 777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 left speaker
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:02:46 PM »
Before mentioned, I am aware of prior topics on this issue.

Left speaker humming with 502-A board.
Question is, which resistors are the correct fix?

I have seen different answers... I seen 47ohm & 22ohm on white wire, and Cowboyslots said 10ohm on both connecting wires.

So, which works best or is correct?

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
Re: IGT S2000 left speaker
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 02:21:29 PM »
Really the best way is to modify the MPU, or have it modified.  Before I started repairing and modifying these boards I used a 47 ohm in the white speaker wires. It helps some.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline sg 777

• Reputation Power: 2
  • sg 777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 03:59:05 PM »
Really the best way is to modify the MPU, or have it modified.  Before I started repairing and modifying these boards I used a 47 ohm in the white speaker wires. It helps some.
May I ask what the modification is?

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 05:40:29 PM »
Solder a 47ohm resistor to the white wires.
This means cutting the white wires and soldering a 47 ohm resistor in between.
Make sure there's no open wires to short out on metal.
Heat-shrink wrap works best.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 03:16:25 PM »
I can offer a solution to the buzz. I have added this mod (See attachments) to all my 502s and it makes the buzz almost nonexistent. Basically you’re just reinforcing the 502 boards ground, which is what the 504 board later ended up doing in its redesign.

From this thread:

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=34372.msg182166#msg182166

BTW Cowboy slots is a hack.

-Robert

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 05:41:00 PM »
I agree with the above post....it's a lot of soldering but a much better result.  :cool_thumb_up:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline stoosh

• Reputation Power: 3
  • stoosh New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 08:25:06 PM »
I can offer a solution to the buzz. I have added this mod (See attachments) to all my 502s and it makes the buzz almost nonexistent. Basically you’re just reinforcing the 502 boards ground, which is what the 504 board later ended up doing in its redesign.

From this thread:

Are those two pins soldered together on the green labeled orange wire?

Thank you.

Offline reactorpwr

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • reactorpwr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 10:54:50 PM »
Is this a fix for an s2000 machine with no/low audio out of left speaker?  Or one that works with audio out but with a hum too?

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

From this thread:

Are those two pins soldered together on the green labeled orange wire?

Thank you.

The green labled orange wire does bridge over 2 pins on the connector. Most of not all the wires should follow existing traces they did not follow trace thickness recommendations and grounding requirements when they designed these boards. All the mode does is makes it follow the documentation for the amp.

Offline Archilea

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
Is this a fix for an s2000 machine with no/low audio out of left speaker?  Or one that works with audio out but with a hum too?

I didn't see an answer to reactorpwr's question above.  I too have no sound in the left speaker.  After verifying that the speaker works, I replaced the audio driver module, checked the cabling, and it still doesn't work. Do some games only use one speaker?

I also recently replaced the MPU, and same audio - no left speaker sound.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »
Hmm...It does seem that BOTH speakers work but doesn't this sound like the problem is with the left speaker harness?
Does the right speaker come on when you plug the left speaker harness into it?

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 08:54:23 PM »

I didn't see an answer to reactorpwr's question above.  I too have no sound in the left speaker.  After verifying that the speaker works, I replaced the audio driver module, checked the cabling, and it still doesn't work. Do some games only use one speaker?

I also recently replaced the MPU, and same audio - no left speaker sound.

There are 2 different top box harnesses for the s2000. A true stereo harness where right and left channel are different sound files. This harness requires a sound simm and stereo mode to be on in settings. The other is a simulated stereo harness where right and left are spliced together.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 06:51:32 AM »
Hmm...It does seem that BOTH speakers work but doesn't this sound like the problem is with the left speaker harness?
Does the right speaker come on when you plug the left speaker harness into it?

I'll re-check the harness just to be sure. I agree that it sounds like the harness. I checked the speaker health by swapping the harness plugs and the audio moved to the other speaker.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 06:55:16 AM »
There are 2 different top box harnesses for the s2000. A true stereo harness where right and left channel are different sound files. This harness requires a sound simm and stereo mode to be on in settings. The other is a simulated stereo harness where right and left are spliced together.

They don't appear to be tied together since one is very loud and the other is silent.
I don't believe I have a sound simm (How do I tell?), so maybe I have a stereo harness and no simm, which results in one quiet and one loud speaker.
I haven't seen any sound option for stereo functionality in the menus. Do you know the menu item number offhand?

I'll check tonight.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2022, 07:00:24 AM »
No sound simm on the board. It's a 502-2 MPU board, which I believe is a "504", and doesn't need the grounding wires added, correct?

Is there a schematic for the "Simulated stereo" speaker harness that someone can direct me to? Or is it just tie the speaker wires and grounds together in parallel?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 07:24:04 AM »
Six wires into 6 pins is stereo. Six into 4 pins is mono and provides sound to both speakers without a MML and SIMM.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 08:20:08 AM »
That's it then, I have 6 wires into 6, but no Daughter card or simm on the MPU.

How do I re-wire the connector to get the "Simulated Stereo" cable instead?
Anyone have a schematic?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2022, 10:30:54 AM »
No schematic of the harness but pics speak for themselves.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2022, 11:09:26 AM »
Thanks, I'll work on it this afternoon.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 04:45:38 PM »
I now have hi-fidelity glorious "Simulated Stereo". :D It actually does sound much better than one speaker.
At least I won't go deaf in one ear.

It worked like a champ, thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal