New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Why are my BB3 fans SUPER LOUD? How to Replace?  (Read 842 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Why are my BB3 fans SUPER LOUD? How to Replace?
« on: August 05, 2022, 07:07:15 AM »
I got this BB3 Spy vs Spy from one of those places online that says they spend 12-14 days refurbishing your machine with 100's of new parts, but in reality they may wipe the machine down, if that.....total B.S.

The fans are so loud on this game, people can't really have a conversation in the same room if the machine is on. I can here the fans on the 3rd floor, and the machine is in the basement. The fans are as loud or louder than the game, on volume level 4.

It seems the upper fan is louder, although the lower fan is making alot of racket too. The place sent me a new upper fan. I have a few questions:

Are BB3 fans known to be super loud? My BB1.5 runs fans and it's almost completely silent. 

How do I get to the upper fan to replace it?

Is the lower fan in my Power Supply? So I would need to try a whole new power supply?

Are there Upgraded fans or a better power supply I can get that are quiet?

Where would I find these items?

Thanks in advanced!  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Why are my BB3 fans SUPER LOUD? How to Replace?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »
The blades use blowers to move more air through the cabinet.  Blowers are notoriously loud (ever been on a server room?).  If you disconnect the blowers, you will get a tilt as the speed of the blowers is monitored by the system.  Unfortunately, you cannot really replace these with something else without messing up with the thermals on the machine and potentially causing heat related faults.  I suppose you could look for quieter blowers of the same voltage and size (if they exist), but blowers are really meant to move larger volume of air and they create more noise as a consequence and the system will run them all at full speed to keep the cabinet cool anyway, so I don't know if it would make much of a difference.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:25:41 PM »
OK thank you.That's great information. I will just pass on replacing my fan and leave it in there. There's probably nothing wrong with. Thanks again for the quick reply. This is a great forum.

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 07:36:43 PM »
I had to replace my mid cabinet fan- it was overloaded with gunk, but the damage to the bearings was already done from it being unbalanced. Helped a lot. Coolcox part # BF7530H24D, microfit molex female terminals and connector is digikey # WM1847-ND (molex 0436450400).

My PS fan is also loud; still working on a replacement number for that one as the stock # in mine seems harder to find with the connector on it.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 03:51:39 PM »
Sounds good. I may try out my new fan.

Offline gbknox

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • gbknox New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 06:44:18 AM »
I broke a fan in my power supply in one of my Blades and had to replace it. I dropped a screwdriver and it bounced off the carpet and guess where the tip of the screwdriver ended up? It went through the power supply grill and broke 2 ears off the fan blade. I found the exact fan that was in my power supply on Amazon. The problem was, it took a month to get the fan delivered from Amazon (shipped from China).  The fan inside my Power Supply was "MGA9212UB-O25 9025 DC12V 0.54A 2-line Chassis Power Supply Cooling Fan"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T5VV62J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the meanwhile, I purchased a "Noctua NF-A9 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (92mm, Brown)". I replaced the original fan with the Noctua. I reused the original connector. The Noctua is quiet and I haven't had any overheating issues. I had to remove the rubber isolators on the Noctua mounting screw locations. Not an exact fit but the Noctua worked. I'm still running the Noctua fan. I did receive the Magic brand fans but did not do anything with them since the Noctua fan is still working (and it's quiet).
GK

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 07:26:06 AM »
That same fan on eclock:

https://www.elecok.com/magic-mga9212ub-o25-12v-0-54a-2wires-cooling-fan.html

Doesn’t list a cfm rating for it tho.

I’ve might order this one to try:

https://www.elecok.com/delta-afb0912vh-a-12v-7-2w-cooling-fan.html

Current draw is .06A more than the magic fan, but it moves quite a bit of air.

Of course more air is more noise.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal