New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to replace reel back light bulbs  (Read 2774 times)

sh61526 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: How to replace reel back light bulbs
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 07:12:03 AM »
Just to make sure everyone is aware Igt drives the buttons with 13v not 12v. The recommended voltage for the leds is 14v not 12. Most 12v leds will have issues with the internal resistor getting hot. The bulbs spin is currently selling on there site are 12v and are also too tall.

Offline Keats

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Keats New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 09:32:20 AM »
The part of the button with the leads is supposed to snap out of the actual button housing.  Sometimes they are stuck in there really good because they haven’t been removed for years!

Thanks for the photo. I tried to get the socket out of the black socket holder (with the threads for a 1" nut to hold the part into the button shelf) but it wouldn't budge. Watched a You Tube video and the guy did what I did and popped the clear plastic cover off the top of the button to get access to the bulb.
I really don't want to do that if possible. Too easy to break the clear button cover with a thin screwdriver blade.

I'm still trying to determine if a T5 LED bulb fits the socket or not. Do you remember the size that you used?
IGT material says it's a #73 bulb. That's an incandescent, not an LED.
The large Spin reels button is a # 658. Same type of bulb. Just larger.

Thanks
Keats
Arizona

Offline jakah440

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 12:18:55 PM »
Looked up a #73 bulb and it says it is a  T-1-3/4 base

Offline Iamwally

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Iamwally New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 06:15:16 AM »
I definitely used T5 & T10 in mine

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2022, 09:08:00 AM »
I definitely used T5 & T10 in mine

I decided to use the same bulbs that the factory uses. They are en-route as I write this. So much for the LED's. I could not get a vendor to tell me what size the "T5" and T10" were. My inquiries were ignored by the sellers.

Keats
Arizona

Offline Sebel19

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sebel19 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2022, 09:07:17 AM »
hello, I also had to remove and replace a led but I haven't completely dismantled it, well I only had one led on the roller on the far left, but I simply unclipped the bulb holder on the mounted roller.
My led si a T10

Seb

Offline Keats

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
hello, I also had to remove and replace a led but I haven't completely dismantled it, well I only had one led on the roller on the far left, but I simply unclipped the bulb holder on the mounted roller.
My led si a T10

Seb

I picked up  a set of Picks from Harbor Freight. Very sharp 4 piece pointed picks (they have orange plastic handles) for about a buck. I used the 90 degree angled one to pick the side of the clear button cover up a bit. Then I just slid a small flat bladed screwdriver under the edge and popped it right off. No damage and I was able to access the actual bulb that way. Clear cover then just popped right back on when I was done. Takes about 30 seconds to do a button that way.
Glad yours worked well.
Keats
Arizona

Offline Archilea

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2022, 02:38:20 PM »
I just want to thank you for this thread, and the fact that it rose to the top just now is very auspicious!

I too have a Triple Lucky 7's (Pic attached).
I have just completed getting it functional, installing the TITO system, and making the speakers work.

The next things on my list:
- Replace the fluorescent lights with LEDs (Already purchased)
- Replace the button bulbs with LEDs
- Install the daughter card and sound simm

Perfect timing!

I am looking for part numbers for the bulbs as well, so please be sure to post them when you find them.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
Link to LED bulbs for buttons and backlit reels:  https://www.spininc.com/lamp-led-lamp-t10-12-volt-led-igt-s2000

PM sent.

Offline Sebel19

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sebel19 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2022, 12:32:33 AM »
pity that the shipping costs for France are exorbitant

Offline Archilea

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2022, 05:11:13 PM »
The next things on my list:
- Replace the fluorescent lights with LEDs (Already purchased)
- Replace the button bulbs with LEDs
- Install the daughter card and sound simm

I am looking for part numbers for the bulbs as well, so please be sure to post them when you find them.

Well just to follow up:
- Fluorescents -> LED ... Check!
- Reel bulbs -> LED ... Check!
- MML2 & SIMMs ... Not sure if Triple Lucky 7's can use them, so that's on hold.

It sure looks bright and shiny now! Thanks to sixcardmark for help with part numbers and MML2/SIMMs info!

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2022, 03:03:04 PM »
 Well, I thought I would bump this up since I had someone ask me to replace their reel lamps.  Generally, I would have used a piece of 3/8" (ID) vinyl tubing to remove the lamps, but I was unable find mine and our home stores no longer sell it by the foot.  Since I didn't want to purchase 25' of tubing I had to go on a hunt.  Well.... Guess what!  There is actually a Tool (see below) for that!!!  I found this at the local auto store, and it works Very Well.

The machine I was working on had 11 or 12 of the socket spring clips that were already cracking so the tool really helped me avoid further damage as there was NO WAY those sockets would have come out in one piece.  The only other thing I can add is in regard to what Keats mentioned about the clear cubes.  Those little buggers kept turning when trying to place the reel back on.  The wife suggested folding up a paper towel and placing them under the cubes to keep them from turning.  It was a simple solution that worked well (a lot better than cursing :Tongue_Out:).  Once the reel is placed just slide them out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal