Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators

JCM WBA 12 Only Accepts Bill Face Down

(1/2) > >>

Ahab:
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a BB1.5 machine with a JCM WBA 12 bill validator that only accepts bills if they are inserted face down.  This is my first slot machine, but I do have a bit of a background in similar things.  I have attempted to clean the electric eyes with a slightly damp lint free cloth, wiping it with a dry cloth after.  I used plain water.  It had no effect.  I did notice while I had it open that the belts toward the front and the o-rings are in poor condition.  The back belts look good.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you for you help.

FYI: This is my first post.

Sunrise Side:
The o-rings can cause issues.  Out of calibration and dirty optic lenses internally can  cause  issues as well.

Stayouttadabunker:
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Those WBA's can be over 20+ years old!
Time for some overdue servicing.
Places like Harbor Freight sell packets of assorted sized O-rings...that's where I get mine.

Ahab:
Thank you both!  I will head out to Harbor freight to get some o-rings.  It does look like their may be some internal dirt in one of the electric eyes.  I'll dive in and see what I can do.  Looks like I will need to take it apart.  Hopefully I can find a manual or video for a WBA 12.  If not I'll wing it.  Thanks again.

Stayouttadabunker:
Although you're correct that there's electricity running to the "eyes", but the proper terminolgy would be "optic sensors" when talking about the optics on bill acceptors.
Normally, there are plastic lens covering the optics and it's possible some dust bunnies got into them.
A can of compressed air would help....but if it's dirt, then prepare yourself for some dismantling of the bill heads.
There are physical drawings of these things online but it's somewhat easier to take some photos with a cellphone so you'l know how to put it back together.
The reason you don't want to clean the lens with anything that has alcohol in them is because although the alcohol cleans them great at first, it's properties actually make the plastic lens get cloudy, and make bill acceptance worse later on.
There are waffle-type, cleaner papers that have a certain kind of cleaning stuff on them (MIRACLE MAGIC CLEANING FORMULA)  :rotfl: that supposedly doesn't hurt the lens...>>>

https://www.amazon.ca/Acceptor-Cleaning-featuring-Waffletechnology-KW3-BMB15M/dp/B005NX4E74/ref=asc_df_B005NX4E74/?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version