General NLG Chat > General Chat, Slot Shop **Tech Talk** Welcome wagon and other stuff. (Off-Topic Post Welcome)

Home made slot machine

<< < (2/4) > >>

Yoeddy1:
That's awesome!  Can you share a video of it in action?

Jason

bigdps:
Thanks guys. I didn't have time to add my 5 inch mini monitor on the top portion last night but once this is done, I will indeed post a video.
Last night I managed to finally make the keyboard encoder work so the push button and one arm bandit actually work.

Speaking of one arm bandit, is there a way to make it sound not as loud? I think because it is mounted on wood that it makes the Thunk! sound when pulled down, louder. I thought of adding rubber pad or mat between the inside part but the metal ring outside is still on wood.

dgalvin66:

That really came out nice. What software did you use for all the games? I have a few nice cabinets that I am wanting to do the same thing with and would love to find out what you did to set up the machine.
Would be nice to see the finished project in a video.
David

knixus:
That came out super!

jay:

I too am very interested in what you have used for software.

Over the years I have built several mame (arcade) platforms but they were are all still too PC-ish. My best stab at this was with a Rasberry PII and Linux. Still 45 seconds of crab before going into an interface that can be exited to an operating system despite my hardening attempts.

My last project was to use a 19 in 1 Jama board. It turns on/off with a switch with no obvious boot, a simple menu or can be locked down to a single game if need be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version