Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Pinball Games

Gottlieb Top Card 10,000 reel getting stuck Help!

(1/1)

sugarmartini:
Hi everyone!  I've had such good luck getting help on here for our slot machine & video poker, I thought I'd try to get some help with our Pinball Machine!  We have a Gottlieb Top Card machine (1970's).  The 10,000 reel is not advancing properly (sometimes turns part way, or not at all when playing) and when trying to start a new game, it advances to the "9", and then just clicks as it's trying to turn over.  If we manually advance it, the new game starts.  Can anyone give us some tips?  We are not pinball repair people, so plain language is appreciated!   :EmoticonHelp4:

Pinballwizard55:
Sounds lke a little oil or wd 40 on the plunger and gears might help, especially if the game has been sitting for a long time, The wizard .

sugarmartini:
We’ll try it! Thank you!

sixcardmark:
It is best not to use WD40 inside an EM pinball machine.  Only use it for a cleaning solvent, not a lubricant.  If you use WD40 to clean something, wipe it off when done.  Use a very light SAE20 for lube.  It may just be a switch that needs cleaning or that is out of adjustment, or a weak coil.  Never spray anything on the switches that you don't wipe off.

sugarmartini:
Got it. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version