New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I am an electronics scrapper and picked up this topper last week.  (Read 2393 times)

Offline cyberdan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cyberdan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I am an electronics scrapper. I scrap CRT and flat screen TVs, computers and cell phones. But last week I got this in my pick up pile. I knew right away not to tear it down but I have no idea what machine it went on or if it even works. Can someone give me any help? I am not a contributing member so I will not be able to sell here.

Here is what I can tell you about it. I opened the back and took a lot of pics, but only posting the one you see. If you need more let me know. All wires have been cut right at the bottom. Everything looks like it would work. The plug going into the flat screen looks like a standard computer monitor plug.

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: I am an electronics scrapper and picked up this topper last week.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »
That is the 15" topper for a Bally Alpha 2 machine. With a super candle on top.

Offline cyberdan

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks, I am going to take out to my workshop right now and test the screen. I have a computer out there and will plug it in like a monitor.

Because I can not be a contributor here where would be the best place to sell and what price should I ask? I see a new larger one on feeBay going for $199 + ship.

Offline cyberdan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 06:24:48 PM »
Well I hooked up the topper screen to one of my computers and nothing. I think that other plug is the power supply. There is a USB plug at the bottom on the screen but nothing was ever plugged into it. Who ever cut all the wires did not open the back to unplug that USB cord. Everything was cut flush with the mounting bracket.

Offline cyberdan

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 08:20:53 AM »
Can someone help me? I want to test and see if the screen works.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 08:25:17 AM »
You need to get power to it, yes, the white connector.  The usb is not the power.

With all the wires cut to candle and super candle it's not worth much.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 08:45:30 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 09:56:42 AM »
Monitor probably takes 12VDC. Can't swear to it but ...

With 8 pin molex - 2 pins for power and ground to monitor, 2 pins each ( probably ) for the topper lamps and the other 2 for what looks like an led strip on the side? And a strobe?  Maybe I don't know what it needs lol. Maybe a pin each light? Common ground...

I would probably need the entire unit (everything) to get it hooked up. If someone knows of a schematic for the bally topper that might be enough.

You can PM me if you want to talk about it. Shipping? Cost effective? Someone really wants it?
I don't want it but would be willing to try to get it going if you think it is worth the trouble.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 10:19:46 AM »
The white power connector only gets power to the monitor.  There are also a couple of harnesses coming from the topper.  Not sure if that usb on the monitor is even used, never opened one up.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 10:25:55 AM »
There are a myriad of connectors that come out of that topper.

1.  Control/power  for the led strips on the side. (microfit Jr. type connector)
2.  Control/power for the Super candle (microfit Jr. type connector)
3.  Control/power for the two lights on top of the Super candle (service and trouble)  White 4 pin square plug
4.  Power to the monitor 8 pin molex minifit Jr connector
5. Vga cable for signal.
6.  Braided ground strap

To power just the screen, you only need 12v I believe.  The +12v is the pin just under the locking pin on the Molex and right under that is the ground pin.

USB is not used, typically a touchscreen, but obviously the topper doesn't have one.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal