Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators

DBV-145-SS No Longer Accepting Bills

(1/2) > >>

suspenceful:
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie slot owner. I picked up three machines a few weeks ago, and all worked flawlessly. Until last week, my IGT S+ Triple Double Diamond stopped accepting bills. It worked fine when I brought it home and set it up, accepting various high-denomination bills to load up a ton of credits. Well, after playing it for a while and exhausting the credits, it won't take any bills now. And even when it rejects them, it won't spit the bill out all of the way, like it doesn't have enough juice to send it back out. I have to assist it with a flathead screwdriver tugging on the bill.

Any idea how I can fix it? Or where I can get a replacement working DBV-145? I checked eBay and can't find anything.

Although it's a quarter machine, I really want to be able to use all bills when people come over to play.

:CaptainHappy:

Stayouttadabunker:
Sounds like the transport motors are dying or the power supply is on it's way out?
You have the black plastic PS or or the metal aluminum PS?
How's the condition of the rubber belts?
Have you tried taking out the acceptor and giving it a good cleaning?

Also, what bills did it accept?
Try a good $1 dollar bill....not an old soft, raggedy one.

Sunrise Side:
I agree with bunker.  Failing power supply.

suspenceful:

--- Quote from: Stayouttadabunker on April 10, 2024, 01:17:31 PM ---Sounds like the transport motors are dying or the power supply is on it's way out?
You have the black plastic PS or or the metal aluminum PS?
How's the condition of the rubber belts?
Have you tried taking out the acceptor and giving it a good cleaning?

Also, what bills did it accept?
Try a good $1 dollar bill....not an old soft, raggedy one.

--- End quote ---

I just tried a crisp $1 bill and it accepted it. However, right now it will not accept a modern $100, $50, $20, or $5. I didn't have a $10 bill to try. I don't remember what bills I used to load up a bunch of credits a few weeks ago, but I want to say it was the larger bills ($20/50/100). How can I fix it to accept all bills? Or update it to accept everything?

Assuming this box on the side of the bill accepted is the power supply, it's black.

From what I can tell, the rubber belt looks fine. I haven't removed/disassembled anything for cleaning. I'm a bit nervous about doing that, as this is all foreign to me and I don't want to break anything further. But if you can tell me how or what specifically to clean and with what cleaners, that'd be great. More photos are attached.

sixcardmark:
You need the older small head bills. Try a old 20, 50 or 100 still in good condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version