New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS 400 Jackpot Stampede Deluxe TILT with no other codes showing HELP!!!  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Slots o fun

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Slots o fun New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have a WMS Jackpot Stampede deluxe game with dotmation. Overnight, the machine was running and went into TILT all by itself. There are no codes displayed in the CREDIT and WIN METER windows. The Admin mode button on the card cage does nothing when pushed. All 5 lights on the CPU board are lit as well as the 1 FAIL light on the left side. The top Award glass fluorescent & belly bulb light up but the other lights on the buttons and face of the machine are not lit. When the machine is restarted the dotmation screen will light and show WILLIAMS and the software/firmware version but then after about 10 seconds goes black. The machine will also bong once after restart followed by a half of a chirp which is definitely not normal. This machine has been running without issue since I got it about 3 months ago. Someone suggested to reseat all the eeprom chips on the motherboard. After doing so and restarting the machine, a list of codes starting appearing in the credit and win meter windows stuff like door Poff, Secur Poff, Bill Poff, etc. like it was running thru a self test or something. The reels spun once automatically (but very loud grinding noise coming from them) and then it was like the game was back to normal. Played about ten spins and it went back to TILT with no other codes, dotmation screen went to PLEASE WAIT CALLING ATTENDANT.  Essentially it went back to the original problem. So reseating those eeprom chips did something to give it a little bit of life when restarted but it was short lived.  Initially, the fail light went off after reseating the chips and playing the 10 or so spins, but once it went into TILT again that light came back on. Unrelated or maybe not, my bill validator accepts bills but doesn't issue credit to the machine not sure if that helps any. I am so lost on this so any advice would be amazing. Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:54:37 PM by knagl »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: WMS 400 Jackpot Stampede Deluxe TILT with no other codes showing HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:11:35 AM »
Post a bit old, did you get your machine working?

I would start with the power supplies being bad. You can replace the caps or get repaired or purchase repaired/used.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Slots o fun

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Hi - thanks for the response. Yes, I'm unfortunately still dealing with the same issue. So far I verified my I/O & CPU board are working correctly (Sent it to another member to test in their machine). I have also replaced the top board in the lower P/S with a verified working one. Still no change. Basically, when you turn the machine on, the dotmation screen lights up displaying the WILLIAMS message for about 30 secs before going black. You hear one bong, and it goes right into TILT with no other codes showing in the windows.  No test spins occur either as the machine initializes. After doing some research, it looks like my next thing to check would be the lower board (pdu) in the lower p/s. Does that sound like I'm on the right track?! I've also heard that it could be 1 eeprom chip on the backplane that went bad?! Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated! Here's a link to a youtube video I made showing the error I'm getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zRQxuWVf4&ab_channel=KennethZagula

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 03:40:42 PM »
With just Tilt message and no displayed codes makes it difficult to tell what is wrong. We have to assume the MPU is not booting up very far into the boot sequence, if it were it would display codes.

I would replace the 5 caps on the pdu board and see what happens. The 5V regulator is on that board that supplies voltage to the communication devices. It is labeled +5VI on the I/O board,  the left most LED of the 5 on the right. The LED is on so it must be working.
I just got one to power up recently by doing those. I did the 2 power supplies and machine worked, then died. Just the 5 caps on the pdu got it to power up, fixed intermittent dot fails and the button lamps were steady instead of 'flickering '

If the eeprom on the motherboard is bad you will get a SEcur message in the display. I think you have to get it to the point it powers up and boots enough to get the Tilt codes before you change anything.

With the MPU not booting properly it is screaming to me there is too much noise on the voltages and the MPU can't execute any code.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Slots o fun

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 12:50:23 PM »
Hello again,

Just received and installed today a new lower power distribution board in the lower p/s. This was a known good tested by another member. Unfortunately, nothing changed. Same exact error. Bong followed by TILT with no other messages. So where do I look next?

Offline Kenokarz

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Kenokarz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
i had the same problem with a piggy bankin machine changed upper and lower power supply changed dot board, it all came down to a bad main cpu replaced thecpu and everything too off and went well , the cpu showed no signs of being bad , put a not dotmation game on bad board and it worked fine , so something  in the main board not  able to run dotmation games

Offline playklax01

• Reputation Power: 6
  • playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
You're getting a bong, chirp, and Tilt message, so that's actually a good sign.  If your lower power supply was bad, normally you won't get that, it would just be a dead display.  Not to say that the power supply couldn't be going, it's just not gone yet.  Dirty voltage could be a cause (because these power supplies suck...), but let's start with some easy stuff to check. 

Based on the YouTube video, the reels don't appear to activate so the system isn't even getting that far into the boot process.  I know I'm going backwards here, but starting simple, is it possible there's a stray wire, coin, token, ANYTHING on/behind/stuck to the I/O board, CPU board, or backplane?  I've had odd tilts that drove me crazy, and later found it was due to a random piece of scotch tape that found it's way to the bottom of the CPU board.  That little bugger caused all kinds of problems...

The system is Tilting at but before the boot sequence, so something is telling it that something is so wrong that it can't continue the process.  I'm leaning towards an unintended trace/connection, or lack of a trace/connection.  All the pins on the CPU and I/O are straight and not bent?  Nothing blocking the blind mating connections and the boards are in tight? 

Your upper stuff looks fine, I wouldn't consider any of that causing this. 

So my advice for now is to check what I mentioned.  Pull everything out and reseat the removable chips (making sure they're placed in the right way!), inspect the boards for debris, plug everything back in tight.  Hardest thing would be inspecting behind the backplane, but if something did get behind that board (especially something metal!), that would definitely cause a problem like this and would make total sense. 

Offline Slots o fun

• NLG
FINALLY solved my issue after more than 1 year of troubleshooting. It was the big wide wire harness that goes from the bottom of the back plane to the lower power supply. 1 wire was burnt/cut. Replaced harness, everything working great now. Hopefully, this will help someone in the future! Thanks for all the replies and advice, much appreciated.

Offline Kenokarz

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Kenokarz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
good job thanks for the tips on what to look for

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal