New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Question (or two)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline GLD

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • GLD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Question (or two)
« on: April 08, 2023, 09:56:41 AM »
My wife just got a non working IGT she wants me to get working . #1 How do I fine out what the machine is ? ( S2000 or S+) #2 It is missing the coin hopper . Is it the same hopper for both or are they two different things and not interchangeable ? I`m sure I will have more questions after I find out what machine it is and begin to trouble shoot it . Thanks for any replies

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Question (or two)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 10:51:29 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

If it has a blue vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) on the lower left side of the reel glass it's a S2000.  Otherwise it maybe a S+, S, or even a M slot.  If you really want to know for sure post a picture of the outside of the machine and a picture of the interior and we can tell you.  Pics have to be under 1MB in size in order to post them so resize as necessary.

S2000 and S+ hoppers are not interchangeable.   

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 01:41:58 PM »
Thanks , here are the two pictures
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:44:56 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 02:34:03 PM »
You have an IGT S+ slot machine that at one time, had a nickel hopper in it.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 02:43:05 PM »
Yep, S+.  What does it do or not do when you turn it on?  If you see 12 in the display that means the battery is low.

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 02:44:20 PM »
Thank you . So how do I go about getting a hopper for it ? Is there a place to try to look for one ? I found one on ebay but it`s for a s2000 so it`s not going to work .

Just had a thought . Is there a way to get it to work without a hopper ?

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »
When I turn it on it makes some noise like it`s booting up ( ? ) and the wheels spin . Has 3200 in coins paid window

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 03:15:45 PM »
Well that's a good sign.  3200 is a hopper error.  Someone hit the cash out button and machine is trying to payout from the hopper, but it's missing so it can't and therefore the error.  You have two choices.  Get a hopper and let it pay out, or clear the credits by removing the battery or CMOS RAM chip.  It's playable without a hopper as long as you nobody tries to cash out the credits.

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 03:25:42 PM »
Thank you . where is the battery, on the circuit board ? CMOS chip ? If I remove the chip , do I leave it out or put it back in ? Any thoughts on where to look for a hopper ?

You guys are great giving information to help people ( me ) with these machines who have absolutely no knowledge of them .With y`alls help I will make my wife a very happy lady . Thanks again .

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 03:51:20 PM »
Here's an S+ hopper that was put up for sale about a month ago here.  Might still be available.  It's for a quarters, all you need is the nickel shelf wheel if you want to keep using nickels.  Those are easy to find, there's some on e-bay right now for under $20.  The hopper is the hard part to find.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »
Yes the battery is on the MPU board.  It's mounted to the aluminum tray that has the black knob on it on the back of the machine. Turn off the power when removing or installing any machine parts.  Lift up on it (it may take some force) and pull it towards the front of the machine.  The battery is probably soldered on the board unless someone installed a battery holder.  The CMOS RAM chip is in one of the socketed ICs and labeled CMOS above it.  There's a notch on the IC and a matching one on the circuit board that indicates how the chip needs to be installed.  In other words don't install it backwards.  Also be careful removing and replacing it that you don't bend any pins. 

Then reinstall everything.  When you turn the machine on you'll get a 61 error.  Follow the instructions in the attached link starting where is says "Initilaizing the new game".  You'll need a jackpot reset key, hopefully you got one with the machine.  If not you'll need one before you can do anything else.  It's a common 2341 key used in most all slot machines.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/

Now you should be able to insert a coin.  Make sure the cash/credit button is lit.  Otherwise a win will try to pay from the hopper instead of adding to the credit meter.  In that case you'd get a 3200 error again and have to repeat all of the above. 

I'd check with Jim (Midwest Slots) for the hopper and reset key if you need one.  His information is on the home page. 

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »
Thank you all . I`ll check with Midwest for one . In the meantime I`ll try the reset . :thank_you:

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 05:00:14 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance , but what is the IC ? I found the battery and will be replacing it  , but I have no idea what the IC is . I presume it might be on the same circuit board as the battery ?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 05:39:09 PM »
IC = Integrated circuit.  In this case the type of IC I was referring to is a CMOS RAM (memory) IC.  They're also commonly referred to just as "chips".   Here's a pic of the MPU board.  The CMOS RAM IC is outlined in red and the notch is illustrated by the arrow. 

Unless your battery is showing any signs of leaking or giving an error code there's no need to replace it.  They will last for a decade or so on the S+ when new.

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2023, 05:58:33 PM »
Thank you Tilt

Online knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2023, 10:26:26 PM »
You have an IGT S+ slot machine that at one time, had a nickel hopper in it.

I'd bet a dollar that it was a dollar hopper. :yes:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2023, 05:54:46 PM »
See his comparitor post, you were correct!

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2023, 06:24:13 PM »
Good call knagl .

So to get this thing going (HOPEFULLY) I am going to need a
coin hopper
coin comparitor
harness for the comparitor
can y`all think of anything else that might possibly needed to change the dollar to nickel ? This is not looking to good to me

I guess someone had put different glass in it ( the 5 cent glass) somewhere down the line . I`m wondering if I should maybe try to find another one for my wife that may not take so much to get it running .

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2023, 06:53:32 PM »
Then denomination label is removable, you don't need to replace the glass, just remove and replace the 5c label with a $1.00 then you can get a $1 hopper and some $1 tokens. 

If you go the 5c route you'd also need a small coin entry head with a 5c guide and a new optic block too. 

Offline GLD

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2023, 07:15:15 PM »
Do you know where you would get the 1$ tokens ? maybe that`s how I should go . Sorry for so many questions

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal