New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1133-1 Golden Gate (Australian)  (Read 6605 times)

Offline Rod71

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Rod71 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1133-1 Golden Gate (Australian)
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:12:08 PM »
My mate just picked up this nice Golden Gate which I'm trying to get working for him.

Machine turns on and appears to coin up etc, but the mech is in need of some attention as it seems be stuck mid cycle and the reels are free spinning.

Any help would be much appreciated.  See pics below :)

Rod

Offline Rod71

• NLG
Re: Bally 1133-1 Golden Gate (Australian)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:40:52 PM »
Ok so I had a quick look at it and managed to reset it on the right hand side.
So the reels are still not indexed and are free spinning.  When I put the mech back in the machine and spin it up with the handle.  The reels kick, but the clock does nothing.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 02:46:58 AM »
Rod congratulations on your new game.  I have only seen 1 of those in the states in my 16 years of collecting.  MOST but not all problems around reel function involves lubrication.  In you pictures I see the brown streaks and globs that used to be liquid lubricant 40 years ago.  Try to scrape it off with your finger, hard as a rock in some cases.  THATS what is in the shafts and pivot points on your reel mech.

First, get some kind of book with and exploded view of the reel mech.  There are many out on the market
Second, your tools ready.  I find that a screwdriver set and a fine pick set is helpful
Third,  Clear out a BIG workspace and lay down a white towel so you dont loose parts
Forth,  Select the light lubricant that you want and go to town!

This will require that you work the connection many times until if frees up.

This will take some time but it is worth it.

Please keep us posted

Ra

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »
Rod congratulations on your new game.  I have only seen 1 of those in the states in my 16 years of collecting.  MOST but not all problems around reel function involves lubrication.  In you pictures I see the brown streaks and globs that used to be liquid lubricant 40 years ago.  Try to scrape it off with your finger, hard as a rock in some cases.  THATS what is in the shafts and pivot points on your reel mech.

First, get some kind of book with and exploded view of the reel mech.  There are many out on the market
Second, your tools ready.  I find that a screwdriver set and a fine pick set is helpful
Third,  Clear out a BIG workspace and lay down a white towel so you dont loose parts
Forth,  Select the light lubricant that you want and go to town!

This will require that you work the connection many times until if frees up.

This will take some time but it is worth it.

Please keep us posted

Ra

Thanks so much!
Yeah it's an awesome machine. I doubt there would be many left over here as well.  It's the first one I've seen.

You're right about it being gummed up.  Basically the issue is on the bottom shaft and the reel index linkages that attach to it.  I'll get stuck into it over the weekend and work it free.

There doesn't seem to be schematics for this one.  However, it's essentially "Circus" but a wide body and different art.  So I'm wondering how similar the wiring would be?
The connectors in the top box are molex, where as the Circus uses a jones plug.

Rod

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 06:32:27 PM »
There is someone on this forum that has LOTS of schematics.   Perhaps start a new thread LOOKING FOR GOLDEN GATE SCHEMATICS.   You have nothing to lose.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 08:14:16 PM »
The spring nearest the air cylinder is not factory.

Possibly the index arms / mechanisms are not returning and need to be cleaned.
These arms slide into the index reel slots to stop the reels.

Gently try to move the arms into the slots after the reels come to rest.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 10:19:32 PM »
I don't have 1133 schems.

problem is bally also made a bingo pinball machine called Golden Gate, so schematics on places like ebay are likely that.

the bingo schem drawing number is W-826-23.

pretty sure the golden gate slot schem is w-1046-2034 for an 1133 (danish market) and w-1046-2171 for the 1133-1.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 05:24:51 PM »
Had a little time over the weekend.  Got the index arms moving and retracting nicely. 

So as you can see from the video below.  The arms retract and the reels kick (if they were in) but the clock is stuck tight.  Would it be the clock itself, or is there an issue up stream that is jamming the clock?

https://youtu.be/4NtLmYIXzJA

Cheers
Rod

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
Never seen that before.   What I did have is a rare occurrence where the clock moved.  It looked normal to me but the clock fins were spinning slower than the shaft that it is pressed onto.  I understand that this is a 1 in a million defect but perhaps it happened twice.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 06:07:24 PM »
The front bottom shaft seems to be stuck back. This shaft has the clock lever attached at the very left side.
That whole shaft should move freely thus activating the clock.

Will the clock fan move at all?

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 06:46:57 PM »
The front bottom shaft seems to be stuck back. This shaft has the clock lever attached at the very left side.
That whole shaft should move freely thus activating the clock.

Will the clock fan move at all?

Yep, you can spin the fan counter clockwise a few tunes and it will spring back.  It does turn clockwise from a resting position, but it's sluggish.  I just tried it on my working Circus and it spins like a top.

I don't believe it's a lubrication issue.  It's pretty much jammed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 07:15:13 PM by Rod71 »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 09:11:58 PM »
can you spin the variator pawl (red arrow below).

looks like it's not turning, and that'll prevent the timer link from moving toward the front of the game.

You can also test by lifting the arm up so it doesn't engage the pawl teeth and see what happens.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 09:24:28 PM »
In the video the 3 lowest links of the trip assembly levers also appeared to be stuck back.

Carefully detach the center link spring and slide it off the pin. Photograph or take note which hole the pin was in.
The attached lever on the shaft should move freely at this point.
If so, then the assembly near the back could be miss aligned. Possibly reassembled incorrectly.

Since you have another machine, you can compare components for proper position.
At a glance everything might look right. Compare every part and its position very carefully.
Sometimes when the index arms move to far forward, parts of the trip pawl assembly can slip into the wrong place.

Also the black slotted linkage bar on the outside left of the reels assembly chassis might be jammed.
This bar has the ratchet wheel on it.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 01:25:01 AM »
can you spin the variator pawl (red arrow below).

looks like it's not turning, and that'll prevent the timer link from moving toward the front of the game.

You can also test by lifting the arm up so it doesn't engage the pawl teeth and see what happens.

Yeah it turns, but my Circus has a metal wire hooked on the bakelite to the left of the wheel that ratchets when it turns.  It's missing from this one.  Not sure if it makes a difference.

The bar above the coin relay switch stack is jammed up as well.  Not sure if thats a consequence of whatever is jammed up stream or not.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 03:32:19 AM »
Well it seems that you have the problem localized.   I bet that you can find a donor reel mechanism for parts.  Not sure but I think that you don't necessarily need a Golden Gate  mech.
Ra

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 07:43:06 AM »
my Circus has a metal wire hooked on the bakelite to the left of the wheel that ratchets when it turns.  It's missing from this one.  Not sure if it makes a difference.

The bar above the coin relay switch stack is jammed up as well.  Not sure if thats a consequence of whatever is jammed up stream or not.

the little torsion spring behind the big extension spring is still in the parts manuals up to 1977, but your machine is 1978.

the bakelite bar is the timer link.  It's pinned to the timing lever on the other side of the end plate,  the timing lever is pinned to the timer shaft, the timer shaft is keyed into the clock ... so on piece stuff, all pieces stuck.

I'll bet on david's suggestion that the timer shaft is gummed up.

if you don't have the 2600 manual or 5000 manuals, you can find them on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_manuals/

pic below is from the 4200 manual (model 1063 - texas twin).  You can see where the timer link variator pawl is supposed to be after the reels are indexed.

as david said tho, comparing to the circus is probably easier :-)

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 10:34:55 PM »
Well it seems that you have the problem localized.   I bet that you can find a donor reel mechanism for parts.  Not sure but I think that you don't necessarily need a Golden Gate  mech.
Ra
  Bally EM's
Highly unlikely i'd find another mech over here.  Bally EM's are few and far between compared to over in the US, and the ones that are over here are usually the lesser known ones that are rare over there lol.  Add to that, it's a 3 reel wide body mech, so that probably narrows it down even more.

We'll get on top of it eventually :)

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 10:43:56 PM »
In the video the 3 lowest links of the trip assembly levers also appeared to be stuck back.

Carefully detach the center link spring and slide it off the pin. Photograph or take note which hole the pin was in.
The attached lever on the shaft should move freely at this point.
If so, then the assembly near the back could be miss aligned. Possibly reassembled incorrectly.

Just to clarify.  Do you mean remove the E Clip and remove the link with the 4 holes in it?. 

The first reel lever on the shaft moves somewhat even when it's all connected, but reel 2 and 3 have no movement.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »
Correct,
Make the lever / bushing independent from the shaft by removing the clip and spring.
The bushing should move freely side to side and rotate on the shaft.
Movement from side to side is minimal, basic allowance for alignment with the other moving parts.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 06:48:56 PM »
OK, removed the link with the 4 holes and the lever moves freely on the shaft.  I'm thinking as suggested, someone has pulled it apart in the past and put it back together wrong, and it's jammed up on the first cycle.  Not sure where to proceed from here  :Scratch-Head:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal