**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally EVO and EVO hybrid.

Bally EVO with issues.

(1/2) > >>

Slotman69:
I just inherited a Bally Evo, it seems complete apart from missing glasses.
It passes the Flash Bios, Lo & Hi Ram tests but says no media, opened the DVD draw and missing the disc!
I not sure the purpose of the disc as the platform is alien to me, is the game info stored on the disc or is just for boot purposes?
Is the disc game specific?
If so would anyone happen to have one for sale?

From reading about them I believe they were very unreliable/temperamental and many were converted to the Alpha platform.
I would like to keep it original if possible as it has never been sited and in pristine condition.
do you know if the glass sizes are the same as for any other cabinets as I was thinking to just put Generic Bally glass in if I can source some.

Slot Tech Mike:
The disk is the media personality. Can you post what game the machine is? I may have a disk or can point you to someone that does. :applause:

shortrackskater:
That's GREAT that it gets as far as it does in booting up.  :applause:
Mine had issues and ultimately the "suitcase" was bad. That's the lower unit that contains basically a windows computer with the DVD mounted on the right side.
Here's a link to six pages of my EVO, from dead to alive. It might give you some useful information to start. I'll also check around for some DVD sources.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1857.0

Slotman69:
Great, thanks for the replies guys!! Looking at the mains and software installed on the main board...

MO & M1: VEM1MP0H5204-24

UB3: V7PY41818702-02 PXX

There is a label on the front of the MPU that says "Take it or Leave it" but as the cab came from a test lab its possible software was changed for testing purposes. In fact the eeprom labels look like they were created "in house" and not with original Bally labels/fonts.
Was there a multi-game option on this cab?
If you need any pics let me know.

Slot Tech Mike:
This should help you out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Take-it-or-Leave-it-Slot-Machine-Glass-2pc-w-Software-CD-FREE-SHIP-Y-5/284138695592?hash=item4227fc6ba8:g:PnsAAOSw9-JeOdkv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version