New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1114 - parts source?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline chedderboy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • chedderboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1114 - parts source?
« on: November 29, 2021, 06:07:02 PM »
I just picked up another Bally $1 machine after immediately regretting selling by $1 1090 machine a few years ago.  This machine has been sitting in storage and the hopper star is black mush.   New agitator on the way.  Since I am keeping this machine, I am wondering if there is a place that might had reel glass chrome for sale?  I am also thinking of taking the coin bowl and payout cover in for polishing as I think they are aluminum?  Also thinking a new chrome coin head is in order. 

The machine was actually playing until it was transported.  Now the 3rd reel spins slow and doesn’t want to lock up.  My normal slot tech is recovering from  surgery so no idea when I can get a pro to work in it…
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:33:14 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Special k

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Special k New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1114 - parts source?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 06:40:24 PM »
These machines are so easy to work on. If you just tinker yourself a little you will soon be your own slot tech. Pull your reel mech out and check why the reel is not spinning good. I never transport a machine with the reel mech,hopper or top unit in the cabinet. There’s a problem every time. Montislots May have the glass chrome but it would be pricy and a rechrome would put you over the value of the whole machine. Email montis on the chrome piece. montislots@thegrid.net

Offline chedderboy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 09:06:34 PM »
Got the machine up with the help of a local slot tech.  It was working great until he left… the hopper makes a buzzing noise but is not moving.  I cleared the coins - thinking the hopper was jammed but it did not help.  Is it possible the hopper motor failed?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:17:52 PM »
it's not likely the motor failed ... the thing is built like a tank.

can you tell if the motor or something under it like the payout relay is making the noise?

also, can you spin the pinwheel in the hopper a little in either direction, or does it seem to be wedged? 

if it won't budge, there's a set screw on top that tensions the top bearing the pinwheel rim rides on.  the pinwheel should be snugly held by the three bearings it rides on, but if the set screw is overtensioned, too much pressure is on the bearings and the pinwheel can bind.

Offline chedderboy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 03:33:12 PM »
Thank you - I will check it out ASAP. 

Offline chedderboy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 09:05:04 PM »
Machine up and running.

Anyone have another parts source for new old stock Bally EM?  Wishing I could find a NOS reel glass chrome frame!  Maybe it’s just time to re-chrome…

I haven’t pulled the money bowl off yet, but can anyone confirm it will polish out or is that a chroming restoration?

The coin drop hood definitely looks aluminum and can be polished….

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Pinballwizard55 New User has no influence.
  • Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 09:09:15 AM »
lf you are in the new york, new jersey area i can help you. Don lee, the pinball wizard.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal