New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: G20 Top LCD Issues  (Read 900 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
G20 Top LCD Issues
« on: March 23, 2022, 06:31:57 PM »
Wasn't sure if this post needed to go here or into the LCD Monitor Forum, but here it goes.

I've got 2 upper displays for the first generation G20's. One of them just shows a pure white screen with no real video image.
The second shows the image, but it cuts off the furthest right side of the image and splices it into the middle of the screen.

See photos.

I'm wondering what the fix is for this problem, as well as the other one only displaying a white screen.

I've swapped around the AD Cards and the monitor with the vertical split changes to a horizontal split. Weird.

The other monitor won't change any and show an image no matter what components I throw at it.

Background....the one with no display originally had a problem with constant power cycling. A member here worked on it and changed everything he could and still could not get it to power on. He shipped it back and I purchased a replacement screen for it and swapped everything onto it. Now it no longer power cycles, but will not display an image.

Sorry for the long post.

Would you suspect bad AD Cards?

Hoping to get at least one fully operational, but don't know where to start, again.

Thanks.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: G20 Top LCD Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 08:21:03 PM »
Have you hooked up a laptop to see if the problem persists on the monitors?  Also during the AVP splash screen, does the screen look normal?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 02:10:03 PM »
No matter which image is displayed, they all look the same as what's shown in the photos. Even the Splash Screen while booting has the break in the image.

I did slave in an SAVP Top LCD Monitor and it displayed perfectly fine.  So I know it's not on the Cabinet side. And that's the same machine I have been using for Brainbox testing.

I did not hook it up to an external video source and check it that way yet. I may do so soon,  just to verify that it is something inside the monitor causing this issue.

I may even swap in the original display and try swapping around components again until I can narrow it down.

Just didn't want to spend the money on an AD Board if it might not solve the problem.

Still have no idea why the other one just displays a pure white screen. Maybe it's just the Backlight and no image being projected? Not sure where to go with it either.

I'll work on putting together a test bench for troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Curtis ash100

Offline jakah440

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 03:54:46 PM »
Just a thought and you probably have done this but have you pushed the auto adjust on the monitor?  It looks like the video resolution from the video card is greater than the resolution of the monitor so it's overlapping in the middle of the screen.

Justin

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 10:16:17 AM »
Yes,

I tried the Auto Adjust, did not make any difference.

If it's a scaling issue, I have no way of knowing how to fix it.

I have put a monitor in it from an SAVP and the Image displays correctly on it. So that should eliminate the Cabling and Brainbox as being the culprit.

It's definitely an issue with the monitor itself.

Next I will try to hook up a laptop to it and see what happens.

Curtis ash100

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 10:33:19 AM »
I'm afraid to say that it sounds like the LCD is on it's way out Curtis.

Take that junky LCD to the shooting range and put a few holes in it for your troubles!   :bunny_shoot3: 
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 12:04:22 PM »
A/D board controls the video signal. I think it has split..lol. bad joke

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal