New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S5500 coin count reset  (Read 706 times)

Offline PatrickLewis.net

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PatrickLewis.net New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S5500 coin count reset
« on: April 08, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »
I have replaced the battery on the board and reset the SafeRam.  I can get the game to work with the door open and using the Pseudo coin button.

When I close the door, or hold the door switch down, the game resets and the coin counter shows a 3 right away.  The insert coin light is flashing and the spin button does not trigger a spin.  It seems stuck in this setup.

Is there a way to clear the coin in counter?

With the door open, the counter goes to 0.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S5500 coin count reset
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 05:04:05 AM »
That is showing the last  amount of coins played on the last game. That is normal. If you play 1 coin on next game it will stay at 1. If insert coin is flashing , it's ready to play.

Offline PatrickLewis.net

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 08:29:11 AM »
Thanks.  Good to know.

The problem I am having is that the coins are not registering all of the time.  I had one time where the coins did register, but now they do not.  The light on the coin comparitor is on and flashes off when a coin goes in.  Likewise, the light on the optic board is on and flashes off when a coin goes through.  But no credit is given.  This is all while holding the door switch down with a green light.

In testing, I can hit the Pseudo coin switch or the switch on the coin optic board and a credit is registered every time. 

I have cleaned the prism and all parts of the coin optic board.   

It seems like I need a new optic board, but is there anything else that I can try?

What do the jumpers do on the optic board?

Offline PatrickLewis.net

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 05:01:25 PM »
Okay, so the new bulbs finally arrived for the Spin and Bet Max buttons.  I got those installed and now the coins are registered every time.

Not sure if they are related or not, but it seems worth noting.

Question on the bill acceptor, I will take singles fine, but does not seem to like the newer $10, $20, or $50.

How can I update the software on the bill acceptor for the newer bills?
Probably more involved than what I can do, but thought I should ask.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 05:45:59 PM »
Can you post a picture of your BV?

Offline PatrickLewis.net

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:08:35 PM »
Its a DBV-145-SG.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 06:47:46 PM »
You can upgrade your current unit to accept the new $20. You would have to purchase an EPROM then disassemble the DBV-145 and install the EPROM.  Or you can purchase a DBV-200 head to replace the DBV-145 and that model will accept new $10, $20, $50.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal