New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S9000 “FATAL FAULT”  (Read 1497 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
S9000 “FATAL FAULT”
« on: April 24, 2022, 07:56:31 PM »
I started a clear card to install TITO and I’m locked up here. Any Advice would be GREAT. I already started drinking!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: S9000 “FATAL FAULT”
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »
What bios version and what clear card version are you using?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 08:41:13 PM »
What bios version and what clear card version are you using?

And what OS?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:57:23 PM »
First picture Front of Cards.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 08:59:45 PM »
This might be a better picture

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 09:24:19 PM »
ONE NOTE: when I was trying to set the machine up it cleared fine, and I was starting to set up the denomination, the touchscreen was so sensitive that I couldn’t enter the decimal point or the right number. So I tried to get all of it and see if I could re-calibrate the touchscreen. That’s probably one of my screwups!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 06:18:08 AM »
You are getting stuck during the clear?  Pull the mpu out and look at the back where the pins are and make sure you don't have any that are bent.  Then put it back it and make sure it is all the way in.  If you are still getting the error, I would try a known working clear card.  The error says that it cannot find certain items on the clear card, but sometimes that happens when the mpu is not all the way in or some pins are not making contact to the backplane.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 11:38:13 PM »
I got same error tried another key card same thing. Is it worth the time to pull all the batteries lik on other machines and see if it resets? Or have I probably toasted something? Thank You for continued help, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »
It's worth a try.  Also remove the game card while doing a clear (I always do it that way, just to rule other things out at this point). 

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »
I have always removed the game card(The bottom card) when I put the clear card in the top slot. Hope I’ve done this correctly. If I don’t get Any results, Do I replace both cards? Or are there other things that I need to do? With it corrupt like this is there anyway of aligning the machines LCD display so when I ago to program it I can enter the correct information?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 05:52:09 PM »
The error message posted above shows you have a 256MB card inserted into the system.  All clear cards on a bally S9000 are 64MB, since I cannot see the entire message as the screen is cut off, I'm assuming there was a 64MB CF card on the other slot.  I was assuming the fatal fault was during the clear process?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 12:56:57 AM »
What happened was I pulled the 2 cards. I put the 335 clr card in and went through the process on You tube. Everything cleared, out The 2 cards back in (between changing cards I flipped little black switch next to it disabling them). This brought up the menu to start programming everything. After I set the comparitor, hopper, etc settings, I saved, exited to next option. I believe it was credit, to set up denomination. This is where the LCD SCREEN was jacked up. The screen was so sensitive when I tried to enter .01 denomination, pushing the (.)I would get a 9. I pushed “BACK” button and tried pushing (.) again and I would get a 6. The calculator panel is so compressed that I couldn’t get (.01) denomination. This is when I should have posted my problem. DUMBASS DAN here flipped little black switch in an attempt to clear the machine and try to see if I could align the touch screen. This is when my problem started, I never completed the programming section for the machine and TITO. after I tried “brain storm” fixing the LCD display and couldn’t, I flipped black switch, took out bottom card and put in #335 card. It cleared flip black switch, put 2 cards back in and that’s how I screwed up to get to this point. Everything I’ve tried, then clear, goes back to this “FATALITY” I made a BIG MISTAKE. I hope this explains my process better to You. I really want to THANK YOU, again for ALL the input You are giving me SIR.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 07:53:04 AM »
What does flipping the little black switch mean, I don't know of any black switch on a bally mpu, or do you mean the push buttons that are used to eject the cards out?  Have you tested the OS and game card on another cabinet?  You may have messed up your cards, or you could have bent pins on the CF card readers on the mpu.  Do you have a spare mpu to try out?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 09:55:26 AM »
A Great Day to You. I used the switch between changing cards back and forth. It’s next to the white test button and allows fo card exchange without shutting entire machine power switches down. I can grab the cards and go try them in another machine. Do You have a suggestion as to putting the bad stuff in a working machine or take my good cards and try them in this machine. Are the MPU’S the same. My working machine is a option progressive “REEL MONEY” & the broken one is a single progressive “DIAMONDS & SEVENS”. My working one uses a #312 clear card, and the broken one use a #335 clear card. Will these setups interchange?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »
You would have to swap the bios chips for you to use the 335 card on the other MPU, if they are the same mpu type (you can tell by the bios chip, if the bios chip is the same size on both mpu's they are interchangeable).  The bios goes along with the clear and OS card.  So if you move the bios from the non-working mpu to the working mpu and give it a go and it works, then you may have issues with the other mpu.  Check the pins inside the CF slots on the bad mpu to make sure none of them are bent or broken.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 06:58:15 PM »
OK, Thank You Sir.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal