New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma I3213 Winners Choice  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Sigma I3213 Winners Choice
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:01:07 PM »
Hi friends
I acquired a Sigma 3-reel that is certainly a project machine!  Someone didn’t take time to look up the correct way to drill open a slot machine and drilled all 3 key switches before drilling the door lock. Nevertheless its bones look good. All 3 Power supplies are completely dead which is suspicious but I will work through that. What I need help with is identifying which of the 3 switches the 6 wires goes to. Does anyone have one of these intact? Each of the wires has a tag 0,1,2,3,4,5. Is it safe to assume they are sequentially paired?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Offline Tom1969

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Tom1969 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Sigma I3213 Winners Choice
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 11:37:08 PM »
Hi Chris,

in attachment part of the schematics…you can see the keyswitches…

Hope that helps…

Tom

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 05:40:12 AM »
 Thank you very much.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:21:45 PM »
Do you know if these are momentary switches or on/off.

Offline Tom1969

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Tom1969 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 10:05:12 PM »
On/off

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 07:02:57 PM »
The machine is coming along nicely.
I originally thought I would do the bare minimum and sell the machine as “ugly but it works”. The glass was badly stained and looked ruined. The machine was essentially out of order. I suspect the machine was stored outside or had something sticky spilled all over it. Amazingly, the main board was unscathed.

Game showed no signs of life upon power on. 1 Fluorescent light worked making it a lighted paper weight!

I removed the power supply tray on ceiling of machine and identified all 3 PS units had blown fuses. Upon opening the units it was clear the capacitors were either leaking or saturated in whatever the sticky substance was covering the rest of the machine. Multiple traces on all 3 PS units were corroded and not worth repairing…yet.

Using PC power supply (5v & 12v) and bench PS for 24v I was able to power the machine and get RAM Wrong error.
Replaced backup capacitor with 3.6v NiMh. Game booted right up. Now its worth something.

Got Hopper jam err. . Found someone had bent the knife...in truth it was mangled.  Quarters were wedging instead of passing through the switch. Fixed the bend in the knife and sanded it to replicate a more original curve. Hopper works perfectly now.

Previous owner drilled out all 3 switches so I replaced with push buttons.

Ordered 3 replacement SPS units from China. $36 for all 3 including shipping.

Fixed fluorescent starter contacts, all bulbs now work.

Pulled glass panels and found out they aren’t printed glass, they are translites sandwiched between 2 glass panels, sticky fluid soaked in. Soaked in tub with mild soap and peeled them apart. Miraculously all of the sticky stains washed off. Touched up minor peeling with acrylic paint. Advice: never use ammonia based cleaner, especially on glass.

Received SPS units 6 days early (how do they do that?). Replaced all 3 switching power supplies. (5, 12, 24).

Pulled and cleaned exhaust fan.
Vacuumed and cleaned inside of machine.
Cleaned outside of machine.
Steel wool to remove rusty spots on chrome
Cleaned reels
Pulled button caps because most were sticking. All are damaged. Found most were sticking because the plastic edges were cracked off and wedged inside.Removed broken pieces. They are not pretty but they work.

Before pics attached.
After pics coming.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 09:56:02 PM »
Some pics of the machine all cleaned up.

Offline kanneman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kanneman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 05:53:13 PM »
Thank you for posting this, I will be starting my renovation an exactly the same model soon  :thank_you:

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 06:40:12 PM »
I hope some of my ramblings help you out. I really liked working on that machine.
Post pics of yours when you have time.

Offline kanneman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kanneman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 06:59:09 PM »
I hope some of my ramblings help you out. I really liked working on that machine.
Post pics of yours when you have time.

I will post pics once I get started
Do you have a manual or do you know where I can find a manual?

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 07:31:43 PM »
Take a look at the NLG file system. If I recall the documents for SG150 were the closest match. However, once I got power and coin mech working I didn’t need to do anything else.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal