New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Let me know if I'm going in the right direction on a dead IGT S+  (Read 841 times)

Offline ChuckerCT

• I Think I know What I'm Doing!?
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • ChuckerCT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
First let me introduce myself... I'm old but new here. I'm a 30 year retired Xerox service tech who knows what end if a screwdriver to hold...I Think.
In my days I've put so much money in pay phones, parking meters and slot machines that I feel I should own one. And I finally have a slot machine!!
It's a 2 coin IGT S+ Sizzling 7's which I plan to convert to a 2 coin Triple Diamonds... BTW If anyone has a 9" 2 coin upper glass and a belly glass I'd pay dearly since I can't find any from normal parts avenues...

OK... My machine history.. I bought it and the seller said it worked. He had it plugged in but I was so excited I didn't try it.
I got it home I noticed that a mouse had been living in it at one time and he used it as a bathroom. I took the hopper mounting plate out and the MPU box and cleaned and painted the bottoms.

I put it back together "anda she no work.."

So under the direction of this great site I started troubleshooting. I have no chewed wires, no burnt molex connector, I slide up the connector a bit and verified all AC voltages at the male pins, I have +VB at the display board but no display, the reels are locked, BV cycles on power up and the florescents light up.

The white light of the candle flashes and the red light flashes twice as fast as the white light. Pushing the white reset switch just resets the candle for a second. If I turn the bonus reset switch the handle lock solenoid energizes and the spin button illuminates for about 10 seconds then turns off along with the solenoid.

Here's where I think my problem is... The Game and Reels eprom don't have any sticker over their windows. This MPU was sitting on my kitchen table for a few days subjected to sunshine so they might have been erased. I have the triple diamond Reel eprom and I'm now waiting for the Game eprom to show up (SP872).
The motherboard (which I call the backplane) is clean which I scrubbed and sprayed with contact cleaner..

Battery is at 3.5 volts

So what do you guys think??

thanks in advance... Chuck
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:36:49 PM by ChuckerCT »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: Let me know if I'm going in the right direction on a dead IGT S+
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 02:18:23 PM »
Sounds like you are on the right track. Have fun with this one - you should and it will come up pretty easy. ( I think).

The fast flashing tower light means main door is open - belly door is open - Cash can door is open. The other light will go out when you get a game played for the 1st time - the (top) light on is normal - it usually means the door was opened and will go out after a game is played.

Your Eproms are probably OK.

No mention of replacing the battery on the MPU PCB. Do that.

If the reels feel stiff when you turn on the machine - the power cable is probably OK. If you need one now or later check my listing out here in the classified section -

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32733.msg173795#msg173795
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:48:29 PM by Trisail »
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 05:13:47 AM »
To check to see if the processor is picking up data from your Game and Reel proms, press the white test button (next to the power switch) enough times so that a 4 is displayed in your coins played window.
Sometimes the test switch is behind the power switch box too and on other older S+ cabinets, it's located down on the left on the front of the MPU enclosure.

Read this page...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ChuckerCT

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 08:03:48 AM »
FAIL!!!... I installed a new Game eprom had the same problem... changed out the Reel eprom with a 2C Triple Diamond eprom... no difference..

No door LED display, no coin acceptor, no BV action after it's initial power up, no insert bills light. If I twist the reset key I may get the spin button light to come on and a few times when pushing the spin button the reels spun once.

I may be sending the MPU to someone to test if I can't figure this thing out...

Let me know what you think. I'll still work on it

Thanks again, Chuck

Offline ChuckerCT

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 12:36:28 PM »
OK... I'm a dumbass... I mentioned that I took this thing apart for poop cleaning... I plugged a 6 pin connector P5 into J14 which is the wrong hole on the motherboard (I think I read that here somewhere.

I've got the 61 fault now but I'll fix that I hope.

Thanks again! you guys are great!

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:10:16 PM by ChuckerCT »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 04:30:34 PM »
Follow the steps here starting at where it says "Initializing the new game".  Hopefully that will get you up and running.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/gamechange.htm

Offline ChuckerCT

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »
UPDATE... I'm up and running! I did a cmos clear, upgraded to 3 coin triple diamonds, and fixed a 3100 fault (motor brake was not working). I just need to initialize the BV and upgrade it.

I think I got the bug... I'm now eyeballing an Aristocrat MK6 but I got to figure a way to get it shipped to CT or somewhere around here...

Thanks again Guys!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal