**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines

Newbie To Aristocrat - Need some Help

(1/3) > >>

Daz_351:
Hi All
Just joined and could really do with some good advice
Recently purchased a old Qld gaming machine which has been converted to MK6 with NSW chips
Seller claims they were playing this machine during covid and has sat in the corner gathering dust ever since
They appear to have changed the game chips at some point and im unsure if they played it as a MK5 or upgraded and played as MK6
i had a few lock up errors and the main one was fixed by replacing the comms board and the 6 com links
Game booted straight up but has a Main door mismatch , i researched and discovered it should be a problem with the photo transistors / Led
Could be an aligment issue etc etc , Replaced with paired parts and have an understadning of the sensor circuitry however cannot clear the lock up mismatch error
Also checked the cherry switch as some were saying to swap tabs around till the error cleared however it has not cleared
I also see that some have modded the cherry switch but unsure if thats what i need to do or not
Under the impression the prev owner was playing this machine so im a bit confused how to clear this lock error
Does anyone know much about the sensor circuitry and what else could be stopping the error to clear ?
Any advice is appreciated as im 3 weeks into researching every forum and FB group thats going around
Found this group today and hoping for some help , Thanks in advance

seadoo10:
You're in the right place.  Can you post some pictures so we can see what Aristocrat model you have?

pokie3:
So the MK5 machines can easily swap around between MK5 & 6, it was designed like this so only the main board is the difference - the rest of the hardware is all the same.

The only thing is the door switch in the corner etc, it's nothing to with the LED leave that (well, make sure it lines up) but just rip the little cherry switch out swap the wires the opposite and the door lockup/mismatch will work. It only says that if the LED and door both conflict. - just that if need to swap around when you go from mk5 back to mk6 board (its just 2 wires anyway). You can also put in a switch somewhere too.

Daz_351:
hello
thank you so much for getting back to me
Ive had other people also bring the cherry switch to light
The problem is.... ive tried switching the 2 tabs and it doesnt clear the error lock up
tried other combinations on the cherry switch as well
With the sensors lined up as well
Getting a bit frustrated with this machine
I will take some pictures and post soon
But if there is any document or vid showing me this mod please let me know

Daz_351:

--- Quote from: pokie3 on February 22, 2024, 06:34:50 PM ---So the MK5 machines can easily swap around between MK5 & 6, it was designed like this so only the main board is the difference - the rest of the hardware is all the same.

The only thing is the door switch in the corner etc, it's nothing to with the LED leave that (well, make sure it lines up) but just rip the little cherry switch out swap the wires the opposite and the door lockup/mismatch will work. It only says that if the LED and door both conflict. - just that if need to swap around when you go from mk5 back to mk6 board (its just 2 wires anyway). You can also put in a switch somewhere too.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version